Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Quick question;

Guest neil_09

Guest neil_09

How much do you all pay for blades?

Im on a medium pulex paid £1.40 each

Hard blades dont last 2 mins

Soft are good but likeing these mediums.

Wat you lot think?

i dont get how yours last weeks??

i have to filp it half way threw the day by the end of the day there burnt out lol they start dragging and smearing all the time.??

iveread on over forums that some windys are same as me half a day to a day??

all the corners show wear.

on the day id do around 20 houses or so.

Guest neil_09

Yer mate i do probs 30+ a day and i have a lad working with me, both of our blades will last 3-4weeks. Some days itll last 30 seconds and get a nick in the middle. But 9 out of 10 will last.

Do you use blade to clean the cill? Iv seen this done and will kill a blade straight away. I use a cloth just for frames n cill. N blade only does windows.

Mine will last 3 to 4 weeks, and I don't rotate them, as I use a bucket on a belt, and due to this, the other side always rubs against the divider in the bucket. I couldn't say for sure how many customers that is, but defiantly over 300 customers on one rubber.

Yer mate i do probs 30+ a day and i have a lad working with me, both of our blades will last 3-4weeks. Some days itll last 30 seconds and get a nick in the middle. But 9 out of 10 will last.

Do you use blade to clean the cill? Iv seen this done and will kill a blade straight away. I use a cloth just for frames n cill. N blade only does windows.

no mate dont use it for cills lol thats crazy init ha.just glass only wipe down with cloths.

Mine will last 3 to 4 weeks, and I don't rotate them, as I use a bucket on a belt, and due to this, the other side always rubs against the divider in the bucket. I couldn't say for sure how many customers that is, but defiantly over 300 customers on one rubber.

i use bucket on a belt too but it wont matter witch way you put your squeege in would it as it will still rub both sides??:(

i get around 120 windows per side.

It kind of sits at an angle so only really rubs against the back side of the rubber, but no it wouldn't matter what way you put the squeegee into the holster, it would only rubs the back side of it, i think?

I always put my squeegee into the holster with the side that is used to clean the windows facing away from me. I am also left handed no sure if that would make a difference though.

I personally thought they just put this divider in to make the rubbers ware so they could sell more rubbers. It bugged me enough to cut out the divider on one of my holsters. It took a good hour or two, I used a hummer and chisel, then just hacked away at it. When I was finished, I heated up the chisel, and used that to melt the plastic to give me a good smooth finish on the area I hacked off.

After doing it, I can see why they do it, without the divider the squeegee moves around a fair bit more, and on a couple of occasions the squeegee fell out. But over all not that big a deal, I would prefer if they did just leave out the divider. But hey ho.

Takes too long to do it with all my holsters, so hope they see sense at some point.

ok i get what your say pal 100 percent as i was wondering if my holder is what is causing this like a fool i put my blade in facing me??so maybe thats the reason behind my rubber lasting so short?

next week i will put it the other way and see if any difference.

I could be mate, if you have had the holster for a while, take a look at the divider in it, as they can start to get a bit rough over time, and it is this rough edge at the top of the divider in the holster that will ware your rubbers more quickly.

If that edge does feel a bit rough, just get yourself a bit of fine sand paper, and rub over the edge for a bit until it starts to feel smooth again. That should help stop your rubbers perishing so quickly. Yeah give it a go putting it in the other way as well, to see how that goes for you.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.