Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Wfp

Mwwindowcleaning

Hi I'm new to this forum. I've been window cleaning for nearly 10 years now. Last year I took over from one of my old window cleaning boss's rounds. 10% wfp, it might be a bit more than that but The rest traditional. When I wasn't working for him he employed some lads to make the change from traditional to wfp but they didn't do it properly. Slap dash all that jazz. So obviously the customers were very against this method saying. It leaves smears , it doesn't clean as well as traditional methods. Which in all honesty they were right , as they werent cleaned in the correct manner in which they shouldve of with wfp. I was wondering how best to make the change so I don't lose my customers. And wether anyone had any tips on the first initial clean to save me time.

Many thanks

Guest ClearVue Solutions

Hey, welcome!

Initial clean.....use a seperate brush for first cleans. Do all the frames and sills and then smash over the glass until its mostly clean. Then change brush to a clean one used for maintenance cleans (regular work) and do as normal until clean.

When i get a new cust sometimes i say if u have any problems ill come back and do em again tht day for free n leave my mob number...never had a call.

If they have had trad before n dont trust WFP, say that you will do the tops with the pole for Health and Safety reasons and then do the bottoms trad. Then after one or 2 cleans they will trust the wfp and just do the downstairs with it and say it will be fine like the tops. Worked for me :-)

I actually sell a new brand of WFP's and brushes. Poles r on my website, if u mention this forum when u email me to buy somthing i will give you a discount. Brushes arent on the website, but i them in stock, fell free to contact me about any pols, brushes or hose etc..

0788 7777 252 - office@clearvuesolutions.co.uk

Always about for a chat :-)

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

hi jeremy.

i have an estate ford so cant get a van. i am in two minds of getting a trolley system or a backpack. wfp cleaning is all new to me. how easy is it to make your own set up, ie. 25lt but, pump, battery. i have a pole and brush from ebay , can you not get a backpack and add battery and pump to a 25ltre drum or bigger drom in car. just testing areas to get in money not plentifull, just have a small trad round @ moment.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.