Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carpet Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Ive been asked to do carpet cleaning for an estate agent and has told me there would be a lot of work passed my way. But is it as simple as just going to get a machine and stain remover and thats it? Surely you must have to do a course on it, but it might be worth my while as I'm doing cleaning for them anyway and they need a carpet cleaner too

Have you cleaned carpets before? I know some people just pop to morrisons and rent a machine! Probably not what everyone does though

I have but only on my sisters how do i know what chemical gets off what stain just buy a stain remover? Its only for rental property's so i suppose i just make sure the stains come out ? If its rental property the carpets wont be expensive. What machine is the best?

Not all stains will come out. Simples...

Would sugest you sub one or two jobs out to someone who knows what they are doing frist and go along with them so you can see what's involved. That way you can see if you want to get involved in that kind off work before spending out a few grand for a decent pro setup. /emoticons/wink.png

Yeh i know but can i just spray a stain with stain remover and rent the machine and get the stain out ?

I use a steam cleaner and vanish for really bad bits.... Trust me my 20 month old destroys my purple carpet (bloody women wanting certain colours) .... I clean my fairly often and never have an issue, even with squished in fruit and drinks lol

Yeah subbing it actually sounds like a good idea here. Obviously charge more than the subbie charges you so you make a profit but you'll be able to pick up from experience along the way too.

H, I also have various "vanish" type stain removers for different types of carpet. Most are fine with vanish though. And always test in a hidden corner first lol.

The steam cleaner is bloody amazing, with carpet cleaner it just cleans it, the steam cleaner defiantly makes it more fluffy again, however using a steam cleaner on cheap carpet is a pain, if you leave it in one spot for too long it will make it kind of sticky and will appear like its melted/candle wax type thing.

Also use the steam cleaner for sofas etc aswell

Funny enough a few years back I actualy cleand the office carpets at Vanish HQ (Reckitt Benckiser) before they moved out of my area.

Im going to book myself in on a prochem carpet cleaning training course just been looking on there site

Back