Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do I Take Care Of My Scrim?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danny

As title suggests,

What is the best way to take care / wash scrim cloths? (waiting for all the jokes) /emoticons/wink.png

Can i wash them with washing powder? ....... ha i know what your thinking lol....

Do i boil them?

I just want to give my scrim the respect they deserve...

Microfibre Cloths

I don't use any detergent at all, i remember reading that fabric conditioner is no good for them

A real Newbie question but I'm sure will help others too

I dont use washing powder/fabric conditioner on any of my cloths, just a squirt of fairy in the machine when i put them in.

I boil my scrim once when i first get it then same as above (sqirt of fairy in machine)

Hope that helps fella

put mine on a hot wash no detergents just plain water, been doing this for 8 years now, never had no probs

just be careful not to put to much fairy in your washer as there will be built up fairy on your towels any way and your just have a foam party in your kitchen lol

Best to let them air dry. The drier kills them, makes them loose fabric, and wear out faster just take a look in the lint screen. They also get static cling in the drier as well.

personally i find a 40 wash doesnt clean well enough on the csrims, i put them on a hotwash and that gets the seal marks etc out

When there new you boil them (if you bought the cheap ones) to wash, just chuck em in the machine with some washing up liquid, keep rinsing untill no bubbles, tumble if possible.

If seriously marked then wash with napisan

Just quick rinse in washer and let dry normally...tumble dryer fluffs them up...never fairy in washing machine...unless you want a foam party in the kitchen...(woo hoo )lol

don't wash them with washing powder is kills them. rinse them in hot water, if they are dirty use some of your trad soap.

I'm new to the business and just got my first scrim. I have read most of the posts on how to break it in, however when I wash it do I use detergent and can it be done with other laundry? Thanks.

I'm new to the business and just got my first scrim. I have read most of the posts on how to break it in, however when I wash it do I use detergent and can it be done with other laundry? Thanks.
Hello,

No wash it in its own, no detergent, just a splash if washing up liquid in the drum /emoticons/smile.png

Buy heavy duty, put them in washing machine to break them in. I used to stamp on mine while having a shower to clean them. A bit like one them grape crushers in France haha. Dry on washing line or radiator.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who uses a bit of fairy washing up liquid in the washer, then let em hang to dry. My kids think it's mad when i put fairy in the washer.

Back