Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whizz Biz One Of His Customers Stop Giving Him Stick

Londonwindowcleaner

Bloody hell mark you wasn't joking the amount of stick you get sometimes lol ,

End of the day guys he has his prices his rules he takes it seriously you pay him what he wants and he in return will give you what he says £700 in first clean payers , I'm surprised a few other clients haven't posted on yet to at least say he is a real person lol , I'm normally on the clean it up forum so before anyone thinks this is mark it isn't some of you might use both forums crystal-clear is my I'd over there ,

Also marks job is a bloody hard one of course he wants to make sure he gets paid why on earth would any sain person travel up and down the country not knowing where you could stand its crazy , also please remember when he gets the money at least £400 could get spent on hotel travel costs , I think his current profit margin is 60% at least he seems happy to walk away with that much , some people seem to think he is making a million pounds as many he is trying his best to run a small Business nothing is easy!

Now a personal canvassing note , I have hired my own canvassers I have used company's and marks the only person I will ever use , no not because every customer he gains me is a perfect life long income but because we both learnt Through trial and error how to keep customers longer we developed together little tricks , fronts, charging more on first,not giving the customer what they want , correction NEVER giving the customer what they want on the first clean lo all these things he passes on to his new clients for free I always will get a really good price with him he stays at my house we have a laugh and we became friends but he has also had plenty of window cleaners use him last year who didn't use him before paid the money upfront his current package and end up ok as far as I'm aware by the 2nd clean everyone's pretty much had the £500 back , he even offers you refs , they can all be called and give you there side of events , on the odd Occasion mark has even gone back and reknocked an area which had a short fall, what els can I say ?

This post is quite a lengthy one so I'm going to end it by saying he isn't Jesus no canvasser for £1200 is going to change your life overnight if keeping customers was that easy mark wouldn't canvass he would clean customers cancel customers make your life hell particularly canvased ones ,its up to us the window cleaners to deal with that keep a high retention rate is hard we keep about 70% after the first clean everything varies ,and that doesn't mean if you use him you will keep 70% you might keep 50% maybe 80% who knows many factors go in to play . Will you do appointments ? Will you do Through the house jobs? Will you do everything they say ? To be honest I could have averaged 80% but I don't do those things have no time for it but some of you might

The best thing about him is he agrees with the bad side about canvassing plenty of other canvassers have Promised me everything under the sun it's sad that window cleaners get sold to that I learnt along time ago a customer will agree will say will lie to your face so u remove 3 years of dirt for a one off so calling 5 at random to hear yea! Yea ! Yea ! Which I have done before and handed over money only to hear no no no on 2nd clean is very much the norm canvassing is a numbers game end of!

And yes you can do it your self but if marks going to do it he wants it to be worth his while customers can clean there own windows but if you are going to do it it has to be worth your while

Oh by the way hello forum /emoticons/wink.png

Welcome to this forum Crystal-clear!

can safely say this isnt wizz-bizz! i fitted this guys split relay charger over new year!

yer been like that here, got out a few times last week tho. van went in garage friday for some work so hope to get that back tomorrow!

Hello welcome good post on behalf of whizz biz good explanation of the service in windy talk will personally leave him alone (although didn't mean to dig at him think I was misunderstood )

Welcome mate, personally I haven't given him stick but might have to start if everyone else stops, place wouldn't be same :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone ! ! ,I heard its pretty cool here /emoticons/wink.png

I just had to sort it out mark likes this forum the most n he got a bit upset about the few remarks, I don't blame anyone for being standoffish as his Criteria Is an upfront payment , I did tell him to do single

Days which will stop people giving him a hard time lol cos the payment will be lower but he did give me a few problems which later thinking about it made sense his thing is he goes anyone in the country so say he spends 4 hours traveling only to discover its ******* down with rain what can he do, so he prefers not to offer those, even thou he knows his profit margin will be higher as no hotel fees on single days.

But honestly he has got clients who have used and paid him in the way he wants mark Encourages them to give only an honest opinion about how they found him I'm hoping a couple of others come on and give him a little more credibility keeping customers and stick rates is another thing but but I'm sure everyone will confirm he has turned up and no matter if it's draged out longer then he wished for he made sure everyone had that £xxx on first clean back , just need to make sure everyone knows he ain't gona do a runner with a £350 deposit lol /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks for your input Crystal, a few more guys are on route also to this thread. Crystal was the first person to take me on outside the Portsmouth area (3 years ago). I came up with little more than £70 to my name. I still remember my first visit to your job. We spent a few hours talking on the phone tooing and throwing negotiating etc.

Then the work really began 7 A.M wake ups knocking 9.30 A.M till 7 everyday for a week. It was intense to say the least. As you had been ripped off before you was extremely cautious about the deals. Sometimes you would see me walk into a house and as I walked out youd jump out from behind a bush ready to interrogate the customer.

I still remember the drive to your mums on the last day and sitting in the front room drinking tea As we was counting my wages I could see a little tear in your eye as each note left your hand and went into mine.

At that moment having survived my first visit to you I realised I could make Whizz-Bizz work.

Whizz how do you get so many customers? I can't afford you at all but if you've any general tips you could pass on it'd be appreciated and maybe one day in the future i'll be able to give you a call? I'm planning on going out next week and doing loads of canvassing, so any tips would be appreciated. How do you open with them once they open the door? I usually just say "Hi, I was just calling round to see if you have any need for a window cleaner" - Do you think that's a good way to open?

I do a £650 2 day in the field training course on knocking everything we get you keep, might be worth a think about. The real trick to door knocking is knock alot of doors, I do long days. Dress to blend into background not too clean shaven. Enthusiasm is the key and humour really works. Try this on a few old ladies Hey there just a window cleaner (give card) Just say ( big smile ) Im doing a few of your neighbours just wondering if you want to join the cool gang and get yours done too ?. Ive a few scripts but that one always gets a giggle. Never come accross desperate or pushy they smell it and makes your job 5 times harder. Hope this helps

Thanks Whizz! I'll defo give that approach a go, saying that I'm doing some houses on that street and would you like yours done too, sounds like a good way to go

Back