Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

pricing my first contract

Guest jambo113

give them a copy of your insurance, and photocopy of your licence if you are in Scotland. I usually give two references from current customers, but if you don't have any other commercials that wont really be relevant. Give them a written quotation as well.

Don't tell them the price there and then, take notes and count up the windows, and if you think it is going to be £100+ go away a have a think about the price. Then then give them a written quotation with exactly what is included in the price and the associated cost.

If you have one, a copy of you terms and conditions could be handy, I would also do a risk assessment and give them a copy. We just write down notes about any potential hazards and what it is we do to mitigate the risk.

You also might want to make a note about quotes having to be accepted within a time period, like 28 days.

You may also want to include a welcome letter with information about you payments methods, important information about you business like contact information, operated hours, when you take holidays. Any guarantees about the standard of work you promise.

Hope that helps

Ladder Garder

Guest jambo113

that's great thanks for the advice

just wondering my insurance only covers upto 1 million i only got that because im mainly doing domestic and small shops. with me doing a hospital do you think i will need more cover or even do some companys insist you have a higher amount of cover e.g 5 million

Guest jambo113

thanks for the template col much appreciated. ive written up my quote and attached the risk assessment to it and emailed it off at the clients request they said ill hear something about the beginning of feb. fingers crossed

do you think i should post a copy as well or just leave it as it is.

Guest colinvansmith

thanks for the template col much appreciated. ive written up my quote and attached the risk assessment to it and emailed it off at the clients request they said ill hear something about the beginning of feb. fingers crossed

do you think i should post a copy as well or just leave it as it is.

no worries, anytime you email anything just ask for confirmation they have received it just to be on th safe side, couldnt hurt to post a copy either

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.