Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ok, So Lets Price This. Just A Little One....

Now I'd charge 6 but have 3 almost same that are altogether, I do em trad and had them since I started. I do those for a fiver but all 3 inside 30 minutes.

I wouldn't get more than £6 around these parts for those.

Yeah id say £6/7 for that round my way, prob cheaper up north and down south id prob say at least £10, you"ll find out soon enough when the posts come flooding in lol :)

Hi Sharon,

Small jobs like the one in the photo’s, can get awkward to price as your round ‘grows’.

Having 4 together does help, but I think I would charge £10, that’s probably going to be expensive for a lot of people. So I would recommend to the customer to have them cleaned every 8 weeks, at the same time explaining the average cost to them is about £5 a month and that they might find it expensive to have 6 frames with 11 windows cleaned more frequently. It would be up to them to decide the frequency, I just recommend.

Richard

If I was pricing it I'd go 6 or 7, but it'd be money for old rope at a fiver, wouldn't be that upset at 4. Cakewalk stuff

Would it be really worth doing for £4 chip! If you do 200 cleans per month and your expanses are £5k a year it’s going to cost you on average just over £2 to do each clean, so it becomes less than a £2 job! you will have to do several of those per hour just to keep you at the minimum wage.

Whatever price you do it for, always account for £2-3 pounds for cost, until you go into 1 full hour working then you can account for any work by your hourly cost.

Richard

Would it be really worth doing for £4 chip! If you do 200 cleans per month and your expanses are £5k a year it’s going to cost you on average just over £2 to do each clean, so it becomes less than a £2 job! you will have to do several of those per hour just to keep you at the minimum wage.
Whatever price you do it for, always account for £2-3 pounds for cost, until you go into 1 full hour working then you can account for any work by your hourly cost.

Richard
If it didn't mean shifting the van from another job, or I had a few of them I could live with it if haggled, less than 10 minutes at the end of the day, but I'd want 6 or 7 ideally!

I generally charge £1 / window and 50p for a door. That said £5.50 with that formula but I would have charged £5. Don't like coins heavier than my poles.
They might pay ya in five £1 coins tho! lol :)

7 quid depending on any competition ie if they charge 6 quid you could lose one or two, then if you're left with one it probs not worth doing? If you get my drift?

Back