Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Enforcing Private Debts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

Rodg98133

What rights do i have with private residential customers? I have a couple of customers that have been messing me around for a couple of months and was wondering whether i have the rights to add late payment charges and interest to the accounts and if they still didnt pay what can i do to get my money?

Rodg.

Are you talking about taking out a civil claim?. If so, you can claim interest at the rate of 8% pursuant to section 69. You might be on dodgy ground if you try and claim a late payment fee, unless you have it written up in a contract with your customer........I worked in a county court for 28 years so dealt with this kind of thing all the time.

If these people owe you money already then its unlikely adding interest will make them pay up. Interest is best used as a deterrent to make people pay before they debt becomes late.

If this was a company that owed you money, then you could claim £40 compensation plus 8% interest above the base rate on the debt but you need to claim for this after the debt has been paid.

As this is a private debt, I don't know for certain but these people can recover on a no win no fee http://www.geminidebtrecovery.com/. They offer a free consultation to give them a shout.

Best to get money them bin them off mate,don't leave until they pay up and they will,no need to be threatening,just firm then get rid.

i just take bad payers off my round /emoticons/smile.png not worth the hassle

its part of the game though ur always gonna get a abd customer now and again /emoticons/smile.png just gotta weed them all out /emoticons/smile.png

Yeh its not like they owe me much (only £4 a time and 2 cleans) its just annoying and everytime i go round their either not in or they make some excuse why not to pay at that time (come back tomorrow etc) ive even started taking online payments via paypal to try and make it easy for them to pay.

The 1s that keep sayin cum bak more then 2 times in a row everytime u need to be getting rid of

Yeh its not like they owe me much (only £4 a time and 2 cleans) its just annoying and everytime i go round their either not in or they make some excuse why not to pay at that time (come back tomorrow etc) ive even started taking online payments via paypal to try and make it easy for them to pay.
Blimey ,£4.00 a time is it worth it!!

Blimey ,£4.00 a time is it worth it!!
if there is a whole street of them it is well worth it!!! i do fronts for £4, have 5 in a row! make more money on these! takes the same time than doing a house at £10

only if there is a row of 20 minimum houses.
not really those 5 i do earns me £20, take the same time if not less than a £10 house!

wish i could get all the fronts only around here, full of streets of 100+ terrace houses in them!!! could easily do them in less than a day be a good wage then!

haven't had to knock on a door for over a year for money but I see you live in Northampton so that says it all.

haven't had to knock on a door for over a year for money but I see you live in Northampton so that says it all.
lol i stearted 2 years ago on this round and never been collecting from day one! told them straight from day one and its either cash, cheque or online banking, so get facts right before saying about it!

try this

Ive sent you the nice reminder

ive sent you the nice your very late reminder

AND ive sent you im coming too see you VERY SOON letter

Now PAY THE FUG UP OR ILL KNOCK YOUR HEED AFF!!!!

works for me every time, being an ex soldier has some benifts lol

oh then i sack em

try thisIve sent you the nice reminder

ive sent you the nice your very late reminder

AND ive sent you im coming too see you VERY SOON letter

Now PAY THE FUG UP OR ILL KNOCK YOUR HEED AFF!!!!

works for me every time, being an ex soldier has some benifts lol

oh then i sack em
lol like that one!

lol i stearted 2 years ago on this round and never been collecting from day one! told them straight from day one and its either cash, cheque or online banking, so get facts right before saying about it!
Love it lol bet you love Anglia news

lol,

doing fronts is good money takes u 5 mins and u earn like 5 quid ... were as u do a 7 pound house and it takes 15-20 mins lol

Back