Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling To Get Pressure Washer Jobs

jimbob

how do you all go about getting your pressure washing jobs I seem to be struggling getting these ive tried the same methods I use as getting gutters and my other work(leaflets website facebook sign written van) but there few and far between usually just from my window customers. any help would be much appreciated

im struggling to get any work mate now and again pressure washing job comes up dont know how people make a living doing it full time,best way probly is to ask on the door step if they want there drive doing?thats all the travlers do and they get it.

it tends to be seasonal kind of work and it should improve come spring ,i canvas houses were the drive is dirty and often pick up work this way ,spring last year i had a small add in the local paper and got a fair bit of work from it

it tends to be seasonal kind of work and it should improve come spring ,i canvas houses were the drive is dirty and often pick up work this way ,spring last year i had a small add in the local paper and got a fair bit of work from it
I might try the add I only got it last year when the hosepipe ban came in as a few customers were asking did a few then but its died off like you said its seasonal so hopefully get more nearer the summer

I tend to get most of my hard surface cleaning work from ppl visiting my website also through recommendation and repeat business.

Winter is generally slower but I can still pick up a few due to outside surfaces becoming an h&s slips & trip issue. As we all know wet dirty surfaces covered in green slime are not idea to walk on. I've found badly maintained decking etc like this lethal to walk on when wet let alone trying to work from.

I always take pics when out giving quotes then if/when I do the job take more pics for that very same reason.

Pictures paint a thousand of words and all that so it is a must thesdays to show potential customer the quality of work can you offer. People are generally gobsmacked at the results so often will give customer feedback that I also put on my website too.

if you have quality gear look 4 dirty drives, dont over price, im going to offer free resanding, they pay 4 the sand, ive put on my facebook free driveway cleaning for the first few customers, to gain experience, no takers yet.dooop

I dont find it that seasonal tbh, ok ive been doing it 7 years but all i do is small ads every 2nd week in local press and repeat customers are good work

Interesting.....

if you have quality gear look 4 dirty drives, dont over price, im going to offer free resanding, they pay 4 the sand, ive put on my facebook free driveway cleaning for the first few customers, to gain experience, no takers yet.dooop
Don't think you have thought that one through very well myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

When I started out offering domestic hard surface cleaning like someone mentioned already I just went posting business cards on houses that had filthy drives. I could not be arsed to knock and only spent a total of 1 hour doing this.

To my surprise had one phone call that evening to do a quote and got my very first block paving driveway & patio job. Whilst working on that one 2 other neighbours asked for quotes that already had my business card and got those jobs aswell.

Anyways to cut a long story short I ended up doing most of the dirty drives in that street plus some patios/paths too. Also plenty of recommendations started flowing in too so was not a bad result for someone that had never used a pressure washer before and initially only spent 1 hour canvassing.

When starting out just go get the work as it will not come to you /emoticons/wink.png

When I started out offering domestic hard surface cleaning like someone mentioned already I just went posting business cards on houses that had filthy drives. I could not be arsed to knock and only spent a total of 1 hour doing this.
To my surprise had one phone call that evening to do a quote and got my very first block paving driveway & patio job. Whilst working on that one 2 other neighbours asked for quotes that already had my business card and got those jobs aswell.

Anyways to cut a long story short I ended up doing most of the dirty drives in that street plus some patios/paths too. Also plenty of recommendations started flowing in too so was not a bad result for someone that had never used a pressure washer before and initially only spent 1 hour canvassing.

When starting out just go get the work as it will not come to you /emoticons/wink.png
I think that's what im going to do ive got a leaflet its double sided one side says a bit about the company and the other is all the different services we offer (5 in total) tbh it doesn't seem to be working I did better when I first started out having a leaflet for windows and a separate one for gutters I could target each property specifically then. I think im going to get a nice flyer for jet washing made up and post that like you did smurf ive got a print company that will do me 1000 a6 flyers for £13 for 135gsm gloss or £30 for a 1000 300gsm gloss might go for the 300gsm looks a bit better

that seems cheap for flyers, is that black + white or colour, you will need colour to look more proffesional, pics of a drive b4 and after pic., how much for flyers on line or local

johnny bravo, on 30 Jan 2013 - 19:57, said:

Don't think you have thought that one through very well myself /emoticons/biggrin.png

What I meant by that it will cost you money to do free driveway & patio cleaning and if happens to be block paving you will need to call back another dry day to re-sand whoever pays for the sand.

If you add up your expenses including travel, fuel for pressure washer, labour costs, loss of earning etc you will be out of pocket by quite a bit for each job you do for free.

Not only that it doesn't sound great offering ppl on facebook free cleaning as are you not supposed to be running a professional cleaning service?

what do you mean smurf, :huh: :huh: :huh:

they were told to email my site with details, i said the first 3 customers, they wouldnt know they were too late. id take there details and give them a good deal, just selling myself, you know what i mean /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/wink.png ;)

Freebie con is what most ppl would think so not a great way to promote yourself is it? :rolleyes:

I just offered my a few friends and family to do theres for the price of the peterol I used just to give me an idea how long it would take and to give me a better idea on pricing

Back