Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Negative Vibes....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

How do we as Window Cleaner deal with negative vibes????

I am new to the game and started back in July... I have done really well so far and built my customer base up to 100 customers and still work full-time. I am really busy. But. i keep putting my best foot forward and crack on with it.

Although, I have suffered a roller-coaster of emotion...

Since starting. most of the time it is all about progression. The buzz I get when I get a new customer is exciting and once i am past that horrific first clean I feel like I am on to a winner.

But. things sometimes happen that really P me off!!!!

Yesterday a customer said she wanted them done every bi-month rather than monthly.

and people I talk to all seem so negative these days... Even family... You know all the usual stuff... I would rather have moral support that listen to a waste of chat!...

How to you all deal with these silly little things that quite honestly P me off???

People can be negative for a number of reasons, and I bet most of the time, it is nothing personal. They might just have some other stuff going on at that point in time. Just work away, as long as they are good payers, they can be grumpy all they want.

I have a few customers that just seems to be moody people, they don't complain or anything like that, just broody and act like life is a burden. Sometimes I guess it is just down to there type of persona.

As for 8 weekly customers, we dont do them. I do have some bi-monthly that I have had for a few years now, but about a year and a half ago we just decided that it was better to refuse.

I look at it like, if it wasn't for other 4 weekly customers, I wouldn't drive out to them, as it wouldn't be worth my while. If all my customers decided to go 8 weekly, I would have to start paying off staff. They also take longer to do as they are much muckier.

I have heard of many window cleaners adjusting the price for 8 weekly customers to take this into account.

Over the last year and a half it has worked quite well, probably about 90% of customers who have asked for 8 weekly cleans, have accepted 4 weekly cleans, when we have told them that we only work on a 4 weekly basis.

Another reason to help justify this to customers is that if you have the staff to complete all your customers in one month, then 25% don't want to be done one month, then you are over staffed and loosing money.

We have also had some customers asking to be changed to 8 weekly to safe some money who have stuck to the 4 weekly cycle, when we have told them that we are unable to offer this.

Each to there own though, this is just what has worked for us. If I was starting out I don't think I would be as confident to stick to my guns, but if I knew what I know now, I would stick to my guns and tell them we work on a 4 weekly basis and cant offer alternative cycles.

We also refuse one off cleans as well point blank. We don't want to be running late to customers, because of one or two customers that only wants there windows done once or twice a year.

We just asked straight out when we give a quote, "are you ok for us to clean your windows each month with your neighbours". If they say they just want it done the once, We just tell them, sorry but its not worth our while.

There is a kind of negative cogitation around window cleaning, but mostly from people who are ignorant to the potential and lifestyle the job offers. I used to be a floor manager for a local shop before cleaning windows, and now I wouldn't take a job like that if they offered me double the wage, in fact even if they offered the the wage make now I would still say no. I am my own boss and make my own decisions with the business, instead of having to implement some else bad decisions. I work the hours I want, and its is me who gets the rewards for my efforts, not someone else.

Latest Posts

Back