Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

backpack - trolley

swas

:-/:-/would any one know if i bought a backpack, could i remove battery, pump, then add to a 25litre drum instead of buying a trolley system. i am trying to get into wfp cleaning, just trying to save. i know a wfp operator who said he will fill 25lt drums with pure water for £1. untill i learn how to do my own. then just strap onto a trolley. then i can get started to practice on my own:s

Guest Aqua-dapter

Yes, I know a customer of ours who has done this with one of our backpacks. You don't even need to remove the parts from the backpack base, just take the tank off and lengthen the intake pipe.

Paul

ive read that the backpack battery @ pump is not as powerfull to use with a larger water container, been advised to look @ trolley system then transfer as a van mount @ later stage as knowledge builds up. thanks for imfo.:(:(:(:(

Guest Aqua-dapter

Perhaps it would make a difference if you were adding it to a large capacity tank (not convinced it would) but 16L - 25L is not that big a jump.

I would also recommend the trolley/van route for a larger capacity/round, but if you're trying to get in to WFP and keep costs down a backpack is a good place to start. Some of our customers still do their round with a backpack and refill barrels.

Many WCs who do have a van mount still keep 1 or 2 backpacks for awkward access windows etc. or one of our customers has a backpack with detergent for difficult 1st cleans, so a backpack can still be useful later on when you're fully up and running.

Paul

We have trolleys, and a backpack for when we have to go through the house.

Our freedom trolleys are great, but sometimes when we have a few houses with tight access, the backpack comes into its own.

Dave

:-/:-/would any one know if i bought a backpack, could i remove battery, pump, then add to a 25litre drum instead of buying a trolley system. i am trying to get into wfp cleaning, just trying to save. i know a wfp operator who said he will fill 25lt drums with pure water for £1. untill i learn how to do my own. then just strap onto a trolley. then i can get started to practice on my own:s

I presume this could be either yes or no depending on what make of backpack you wanted? I know on mine 'wash & clean' pack you can easily remove the battery/pump but on others they are mounted in so you can't.

Which pack were you interested in?

James.

• 9 months later...

got wcw backpack, 2 clx poles, what hose could i use for my poles instead of gardiners yellow standard hose. great in summer but cold weather causes it to twist and not very flexible to use, fed up of untangling it for it to twist up again.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.