Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adyspurs

Hi,I've a meeting with a local solar panel fitting company to clean all the panels they fit as part of their maintenance program.

Any ideas on pricing,I have noticed someone on here has contract with British gas.this ain't as big as that but still a big contract.

The company has heard good things about me so hopefully in the bag.

Also any particular method of doing them or just like cleaning glass panels,thanks.

Hi,I've a meeting with a local solar panel fitting company to clean all the panels they fit as part of their maintenance program.Any ideas on pricing,I have noticed someone on here has contract with British gas.this ain't as big as that but still a big contract.

Also any particular method of doing them or just like cleaning glass panels,thanks.
cant help you there as i have never done solar panel cleaning, but well done anyway mate sounds good /emoticons/smile.png

I will be interested in this as well. As I know a company and was thinking the same....get them to offer it as part of there maintenance program.

So any help on how to price and clean would be very helpful.

Rc....how many panels (approx) do you clean for £30 As some houses around here are covered in them and others have 6/8 per house.

One of the farmers fields around here is just getting covered in them.....i would say there must be about 8 acres of them!!

Would love to get that lot to clean!

Hi,I've a meeting with a local solar panel fitting company to clean all the panels they fit as part of their maintenance program.Any ideas on pricing,I have noticed someone on here has contract with British gas.this ain't as big as that but still a big contract.

Contact solar steve he will be able to help you no end!

Rc....how many panels (approx) do you clean for £30 As some houses around here are covered in them and others have 6/8 per house.One of the farmers fields around here is just getting covered in them.....i would say there must be about 8 acres of them!!

Yes,got one of them to do as well,will contact solar Steve.

Rc....how many panels (approx) do you clean for £30 As some houses around here are covered in them and others have 6/8 per house.One of the farmers fields around here is just getting covered in them.....i would say there must be about 8 acres of them!!

most of mine are a 16 panel system.

Be the best thing you can do by contacting steve, i think to be seen to be trained and accredited solar panel cleaner will stand you a better chance of better priced work!

16 panels for £30,how long does it take mate.
depends, one that i go on takes 3 hours due to the driving there cleaning and driving back,

the cleaning of the panels themselfs take about 10-20 minutes!

There is a switch in the house, but that only turns the power off after the panel!

There is no way for turning the panels off so they are always live!!

The only time they are off is at night!

Yer just like glass, have to use a soft bristles, grit free bush,

I use an unger one that's yellow, got loads of bristles on the so gives nice and quick clean,

Gardiners do one that's light and less bristles on.

There is a switch in the house, but that only turns the power off after the panel! There is no way for turning the panels off so they are always live!!

The only time they are off is at night!

Yer just like glass, have to use a soft bristles, grit free bush,

I use an unger one that's yellow, got loads of bristles on the so gives nice and quick clean,

Gardiners do one that's light and less bristles on.
I think it's something we are gonna disagree on ad infinitum, but the panels need to be turned off before you clean them and it can be done. They are not off at night, some still produce so are therefore live still. If you say the panels are always on, how can they be off at night? Either way, They need to be turned off prior to cleaning.

Back