Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Guest jetwash

Guest jetwash

High cyberpedz, Can you give me some guidance please on how to charge for window cleaning

Is it best to charge per window or is it best to charge her house.

And how much should I roughly be charging for cleaning windows monthly. And is it normal to charge more on the first clean thanks again Jet Wash.

Welcome Jetwash!

If you look in the top right corner you will see an option to post a new thread.

It's en***led + New Thread!

You will see this option in every category of the forum, Hope this has helped!

James.

High cyberpedz, Can you give me some guidance please on how to charge for window cleaning

And how much should I roughly be charging for cleaning windows monthly. And is it normal to charge more on the first clean thanks again Jet Wash.

Some charge per window, but I find that different window types vary and it takes ages to calculate accurate price that way.

So I just charge per house. After a while you'll get a nak of how much you think a house should be just by looking at it. As a newbie tho, just estimate how long you think it will take (remember you'll get quicker), and then how much u want per hr, be reasonable tho.

So if a house will take you half hr, and ur happy with 20 per hr, charge a tenner.

As for 1st cleans, I tend to just charge the same price, if I know the customer will keep me on. It may take a little longer 1st time, but if they're gonna be a long standing customer, you'll make ur money soon enough.

If it's a one off clean, or you get the feeling they may dump u after 1 or 2 cleans, then I have no problem charging more.

Hope that helps.

Guest jetwash

Some charge per window, but I find that different window types vary and it takes ages to calculate accurate price that way.

So I just charge per house. After a while you'll get a nak of how much you think a house should be just by looking at it. As a newbie tho, just estimate how long you think it will take (remember you'll get quicker), and then how much u want per hr, be reasonable tho.

So if a house will take you half hr, and ur happy with 20 per hr, charge a tenner.

As for 1st cleans, I tend to just charge the same price, if I know the customer will keep me on. It may take a little longer 1st time, but if they're gonna be a long standing customer, you'll make ur money soon enough.

If it's a one off clean, or you get the feeling they may dump u after 1 or 2 cleans, then I have no problem charging more.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that windyman much appreciated pricing right is always difficult you don't want to be too cheap and on the other hand you don't want to overprice and lose the work. Have you any tips for pricing shops and other types of commercial jobs. Any other information or thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. Jet wash

Thanks for that windyman much appreciated pricing right is always difficult you don't want to be too cheap and on the other hand you don't want to overprice and lose the work. Have you any tips for pricing shops and other types of commercial jobs. Any other information or thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. Jet wash

Just had a phone call today to quote for a big hotel near me. Again, I just estimate how long it will take and times it by the hourly rate I'm happy with.

With commercial, you may want to factor in how long they'll take to pay you. Some can take months, so might wanna put little bit on top due to u being out of pocket for a while. Also, if it's only twice a year, I'll charge more than if it's a monthly job.

Also comes down to how much u need the work. If ur desperate, you might wanna go in low to make sure ur the cheapest. If you dont need the work, you can wack in a high price, and if you get it- Bonus!

As you said, it's a balancing act really. Don't wanna price yourself out the job, but dont wanna be doing it for pittance either, cos you'll just resent doing it.

You gotta think what you're happy with. Some guys talk about 40, 50, 60 pound per hr, but if it's a five hour job, and lots of it is inside stuff, then it could be handy to have that work for a rainy day & you can be indoors for 4 hrs. Would you take £20 per hr for being inside when normally you couldn't work due to the rain?? I probably would.

Guest jetwash

Just had a phone call today to quote for a big hotel near me. Again, I just estimate how long it will take and times it by the hourly rate I'm happy with.

With commercial, you may want to factor in how long they'll take to pay you. Some can take months, so might wanna put little bit on top due to u being out of pocket for a while. Also, if it's only twice a year, I'll charge more than if it's a monthly job.

Also comes down to how much u need the work. If ur desperate, you might wanna go in low to make sure ur the cheapest. If you dont need the work, you can wack in a high price, and if you get it- Bonus!

As you said, it's a balancing act really. Don't wanna price yourself out the job, but dont wanna be doing it for pittance either, cos you'll just resent doing it.

You gotta think what you're happy with. Some guys talk about 40, 50, 60 pound per hr, but if it's a five hour job, and lots of it is inside stuff, then it could be handy to have that work for a rainy day & you can be indoors for 4 hrs. Would you take £20 per hr for being inside when normally you couldn't work due to the rain?? I probably would.

I would too that makes sense.

Am I right thinking that most commercial window cleaning contracts are normally based on the cheapest quote gets the work?

Am I right thinking that most commercial window cleaning contracts are normally based on the cheapest quote gets the work?

You would normally think that wouldn't you. But they also look at your company, check your references etc. It's not always the cheapest quote wins the contract, they don't wan't cowboy window cleaners making a joke out of their business.

James.

Err depends really. Companies do think a lot about price. But as James said, they like professionalism aswell.

This doesn't mean you won't get any good commercial work tho. I'm a sole trader, but I always try to give the impression that I'm bigger than I am. Not being dishonest or anything, just do all you can to look like a proper company rather than a guy with a bucket! I have a van, uniform, licence (u have to in Scotland to clean windows), insurance, business account, health and safety stuff if they ask. Just all little things like that can make a difference.

I've gone in for jobs against companies bigger than mine and got the job. My price was within £5 of 2 other company's quotes, and I got it. So the price was right, and they didn't mind going with the small guy!

Guest jetwash

Hello and Greetings :)

Hi Richard,

I am a new member too I have just started a window cleaning business

So am new to that as well any tips would be much appreciated

Had to ask the other day how to post a thread

You would normally think that wouldn't you. But they also look at your company, check your references etc. It's not always the cheapest quote wins the contract, they don't wan't cowboy window cleaners making a joke out of their business.

James.

Hi James

Have you any tips for pricing shops and other types of commercial jobs. And In your opinion where's the best place to advertise is it yelp.com your thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. Jet wash

I started with a fiver front and a fiver back but have upped my prices a little.

Hi koopmaster,

How did your existing customers feel about the price going up.

Or have you just put the price up for your new customers.

• 1 month later...
Guest jetwash

I have picked up a job at a children's home for the external Window cleaning. I am looking for some tips on the best way to remove fingerprints, egg stains and other stubborn stains there is also two new Windows with sticky pads that need cleaning any tips and advice would be much appreciated

Hello and Greetings ;)

Hi Richard,

I am a new member too I have just started a window cleaning business

So am new to that as well any tips would be much appreciated

Had to ask the other day how to post a thread

James.

Hi James

Have you any tips for pricing shops and other types of commercial jobs. And In your opinion where's the best place to advertise is it yelp.com your thoughts would be much appreciated thanks. Jet wash

I started with a fiver front and a fiver back but have upped my prices a little.

Hi koopmaster,

How did your existing customers feel about the price going up.

Or have you just put the price up for your new customers.

To be honest buddy I wouldn't want to recommend anything, every business is different and each area is different. Just go with your heart!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bjvpmk

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.