Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest colinvansmith

best way of gaining new business

Gav

If it is just for hosting that is a rip of. I could host for cheaper.

Guest window washer

For £15 pcm they update ut to be honest there is not much to do and they take weeks to do anything.

Not exactly hard work.

If I want to pass it onto you guys do I have to ask them or can you just take over?

Gav

You would need to ask them and also let your registrar know (the people you got your domain of) so they could point it to new host.

Guest window washer

Hi there, your site fails this basic test

http://validator.w3.org/

you can read why its important here http://www.googleposition.com/seo-for-beginners/the-importance-of-valid-html-codes.html

If your site was built by someone claiming to be a trained web designer I would take issue with them because this is the first rule you are taught in uni. html is the basic building blocks of a web page so running invliad HTML is a really bad idea!

If it was built by a mate or someone who uses publishing software but cant actually go into the code and read/write it then these errors happen more often that not. Programs, in my experience cant write clean code.

It would be an easy fix for anyone who follows web standards. (html is so basic its hard to believe so many sites run invalid code) So My best advise, get the code sorted asap!

hope that helps m8

Marcus, I had a moan to my host and he fixed it. Just ran the checks and I now pass. FYI - We checked a few famous names - Sainsbury's,McDonalds etc and they all fail badly.

But not me....;);)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.