Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Vodka in Pure Water?

James

Sounds insane to me but each to their own I guess.

I read today that this guy buys a whole load of Russian Standard Vodka in bulk and puts precisely 1 shot in every tank he cleans with. He was bragging about how it leaves an immensely clean finish.

I wonder if he tells his customers hes cleaning their windows with Vodka?

James.

Guest Catherine

Haha my thoughts exactly chip! Not quite sure what he's trying to prove with this but I'd deffinately keep the drink as a drink & not a window cleaning subsidence!

Slice of lemon in with it too?

Haha my thoughts exactly chip! Not quite sure what he's trying to prove with this but I'd deffinately keep the drink as a drink & not a window cleaning subsidence!

Slice of lemon in with it too?

Haha maybe :)

i'm assuming that the alcohol causes it to act as antifreeze as iso does. apparently the antifreeze effect is negated by the fact it evaporates so fast, so at the business end of the brush essentially ineffective. (i've never tried it so can't speak from exp). as for better finish, opinions are split, some say it does better, others say it's in their head

Guest badbusdriver

There was an episode of mythbusters where they tried using vodka for a variety of supposed uses, these included cleaning various stains, and, i believe, being used as mouthwash (supposedly it kills the bacteria that causes bad breath). Im afraid i cant remember all the details, but i do remember that while it didnt do all it was claimed to, it did do some things very well!. Re. using it as an anti-freeze, hell yeah, i remember putting some in my cars windscreen washer bottle before undertaking a long road trip in winter!, but im not sure how, or if, it would affect the results if used in pure water?!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.