Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

best way to promote

Guest startingupinbelfast

wats the best way to promote ur new business

whats the best indusrty to target

from ur own research whats the best way to attract a customer/employers

There are hundreds of ways to promote your own business & it really depends on wether you are targeting domestic, commercial, residential sectors etc?

Are you starting your own window cleaning business or something else?

James.

window cleaning business

i just puchased a van and decided y not

i have customers built up over the weeks now

im aiming to hit all 3 sectors and would like to hear general feedback

Advertising methods.

Leaflets, Business cards, banner adds, website, google ads, google, Yellow Pages, Yellow Pages +, Canvassing, Canvassing Team, Word of mouth and much more I guess.

If you want commercial clients you will have to approach them and speak to the big boys. I personally think commercial is abit of a waste of time where I'm based, for example, I cvan do a farm house monthly and earn much more from that than I would from say cleaning WHSmith front windows fort***htly, but each to their own. Everyone has different oppinions in business!

James.

Your best bet in my opinion would be to get some business cards done, vista print are not too bad for prices, and start door knocking. Just put a card through the ones that are not in.This should be done in the evenings were possible. We generally reserve this to the summer, when the light ***hts come in. But if you are just starting out, I would just get straight out there.

Guest jambo113

i just want enough work to keep me outta the house

i do love the kids and all

wats the best way to attract the big boys tho ????

like james said get as many adds out there as you can I put a yell.com add out paid for it 130 quid for the year, not the free one and it put me to the top of the search results the next day i got a phonecall for a private hospital.

Although commercial is more lucrative, it may be better to walk before you run, and go for domestic first.

As a new start up window cleaner it will be difficult to get into the bigger contracts.

Although commercial is more lucrative, it may be better to walk before you run, and go for domestic first.

As a new start up window cleaner it will be difficult to get into the bigger contracts.

+1 for this, I tried to get big contracts when I first started up, I spoke to the bosses of a few multi-million pound complexes and quickly realised I was trying to run before I could walk. I didn't have to equipment or staff and even the capital to even attempt to try it.

Was a good bit of confidence though and it made me realise which way I had to walk in to make my business succeed!

But only you can decide if you have the resources etc to take on commercial contracts.

James.

i just want enough work to keep me outta the house

i do love the kids and all

wats the best way to attract the big boys tho ????

Another reason for going for residential rather than focusing on commercial is, say you do get a big £300 a month job, and you come to rely on that income. If you loss that one customer, you will loss a fortune and be in trouble. If you loss one or two residential customers at a tenner it is not that big a deal.

Lots of little jobs, comes with a certain amount of security for small business.

Also as said previously, larger jobs require more extensive insurance cover, contracts, time scales, expensive safety equipment etc.

They wont want a guy showing up in an estate car, with jeans and a t-shirt with a scrim hanging out of his back pocket, they with be looking for sign written vans, uniforms etc.

It is not a bad thing to be the guy with the estate car and the scrim hanging out of the back pocket though, everyone on here will all have similar stories of making do, when they just started out. When I started out, I had to borrow my girlfriends(now wife's) VW polo.

Sign written vans and uniforms is not what you want to be investing in either when you are just starting out, you want to focus 110% on building up your customers base for a couple of years before you think about business branding and websites etc.

Your at the building the foundations stage of your development, get strong foundations first, then go from there.

What Ladder says is very true, however, you can for a small fee get printed jumpers/T-shirts off ebay for a small fee, it gives you that cutting edge and makes you look very professional.

But I agree building up your customer client base is key and build upwards from there.

James.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.