Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fantastic cheap advertising method

Most of my work consists of shop work.

It's compact work and for a long time I was doing it on foot.

For various reasons I decided to start doing the round using a bicycle with an advertising board (advertising my business) and a trailer behind it. (In the trailer I have spare cloths, spare rubber and cutters, cleaning solution, various sSwear word!ers and squeegee sizes, oilflo and white nylon pad, invoice books, place to put sweater if get too hot, etc. etc.

The bucket sits on top of the trailer in a tray and my extension pole goes through the bucket handle with a clip to hold it in place.

I'll try and post a pic. one of these days.

The point is: It's a bit different, out of the norm. - The customers love it and the general public too. It gets people talking. There's probably also a few that think I'm a nutter but I can tell you that it is the best advertising I've ever had.

I still have the van but its parked up where there's free parking, out comes the bike and trailer and I'm off. No more worries about fines, less fuel costs, less time moving around, it's green and it's keeping me fit - wish I'd done it years ago.

Sounds interesting! i can see that it would work, as you say it is out of h norm and will catch peoples attention. These days there are so many sign writes vans it seems nobody really takes any notice of them.

Sounds like a great idea.

Is your advertising board on the trailer, or in the triangle of the bike frame?

reason I ask is that although I am wfp, would be good to use bike for canvassing & collecting - still gets advertising then.

dave

I'll try and get a quick video or photo loaded up soon. It suits my round but I know it wouldn't suit everyone.

I'm pretty much trad only with me doing mostly shops although I do use WFP from time to time on some jobs.

This sounds absolutely mental, but if it works then what the heck & if it gets people talking thats the main thing!

Try and get a photo up Mark!

James.

Amazing Stuff... I use a push bike lots to travel across town to clean windows because at present I do not drive. I have four sets of ladders dotted about in locked sheds, garages etc of which are situated in all four corners of the town I live. I really like your idea. I think if you could find a place to put ladders on a puke bike set-up then people would then call you a genius Mark... Any ideas???

It has been done:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bike+trailer+ladders&hl=it&rlz=1R2ACPW_it&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=SdchT_L8GKPi4QT0hMCYCA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CCYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=845#hl=it&rlz=1R2ACPW_it&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=bicycle+trailer+ladders&oq=bicycle+trailer+ladders&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=0l0l0l4914l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=18882fc03c84f02&biw=1920&bih=845

But I wouldn't like to be taking corners on a bike with that behind me!

Just a thought, I don't know what height you clean to but with practice most (probably not practical for all) first floor windows can be done with an extension pole if you use the right tools.

It sounds like you're on to a winner there! I think people respond very well when they're presented with something out of the ordinary. Do you need to take any special considerations with health and safety (with being on the road)?

It sounds like you're on to a winner there! I think people respond very well when they're presented with something out of the ordinary. Do you need to take any special considerations with health and safety (with being on the road)?
Yes I have to try not to fall off in the way of oncoming traffic. :exclamation:

...and slow down going round roundabouts...as I discovered the second day out with it. :blush:

Back