Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Round In Grimsby Area

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mike48

Hi all,

im a newbie here. I will no doubt ask questions that have been asked a 1000 times before but I need some advice.I am thinking of starting a new window cleaning round in the Grimsby area, for residential only.

I will be using traditional methods ie ladders buckets etc. I just need to know the pitfalls. I have read about "turf wars",I am too old for all that, 48. I just want to earn a few quid rather than live off the state.

So can anyone give advice on how to start, should I give out flyers ,advertise.Howmuch should I charge, can I make a living from window cleaning. What are the dos and donts with other window cleaners. Any advice no matter how small would be very welcome. Thanks.Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike best to post one question at a time you should find all you answer on hear but for now get some flyers out there and do some door knocking as you can earn a very good living from window cleaning

Hello Mike. Welcome!

A leaflet drop followed by a knock on the door a week or so later is a good place to start to gain customers. Practice what you are going to say before hand and don't let nerves get the better of you when door knocking! /emoticons/tongue.png £1 per window, £1.50-2.00 for bay windows etc etc is also a good guide at first when quoting, but be prepared that you may even under price some at first as you gain experience.

The guys on here are great so feel free to ask as many Q's you can. Knowledge is power!

Enjoy your stay. /emoticons/wink.png

Mike

Welcome to the forum

Go door knocking n ull be fine mate

U can make a living out of it if you build a good round ye

Hi all,im a newbie here. I will no doubt ask questions that have been asked a 1000 times before but I need some advice.I am thinking of starting a new window cleaning round in the Grimsby area, for residential only.

I will be using traditional methods ie ladders buckets etc. I just need to know the pitfalls. I have read about "turf wars",I am too old for all that, 48. I just want to earn a few quid rather than live off the state.

So can anyone give advice on how to start, should I give out flyers ,advertise.Howmuch should I charge, can I make a living from window cleaning. What are the dos and donts with other window cleaners. Any advice no matter how small would be very welcome. Thanks.Mike
Select the areas/streets you want. Do some door knocking and introduce yourself. If your hearts in it you'll get work.

As above. If you see other Windy's just smile, be friendly and carry on. There is no such thing as someone's patch. If anyone gives hassle call the police (extremely rare). 1 more thing, dig around this forum, it's got every question you'll ever need to ask, and more info then you can think of.

. :addict:

Welcome to the forum, great time of the year to start window cleaning and pick up customers.

Never had any trouble with other window cleaners just say hello, some like a chat others are flat out and on a time scale. If you don't have a great deal of capital I started with a £20 setup no flyers and just knocked some doors and was amazed that people wanted my services, over time I've added to my kit and do ok.

Back