Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

air bubbles

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
For some reason I can't figure out why when cleaning every so often my water flow will start to spluter as if there is air coming through my pump is as low as I can get it right at bottom of tank yet is still get this. It is really annoying when trying to rinse and it decides to start coughing and spluttering water and air. Any ideas?

Might have an air leak on one of the hose connections between the tank and the pump. Small enough to not allow water out, but when the pump sucks, it can pull air in. I used ptfe tape on pump connections even though it shouldn't need it, and replaced all my hoselock connections with permanent connections with jubilee clips.

Finally I got a roll of self amalgamating tape (you can get it on ebay, or from maplins) - which I used to use for wiring jobs. You peel a backing tape off of it, stretch it once, and then wrap it round the joints. Stretching it sets off a chemical reaction in the rubber, and it bonds into one watertight (and hopefully airtight) piece of rubber.

Worked for me - might help.

Thanks for the tips that self bonding tape sounds interesting might have to give that a go.

I have used the other tape on everything but will give everything a good check over see if it helps. :)

Back