Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Special Offer Ideas?

James

Just a quick thought. What do you guys do to keep your customers happy special offer wise?

I personally do a 10% off your first clean, this has worked pretty well. I was also thinking of doing pay for your first 5-6 cleans up front get the 7th free blah blah blah you get the picture.

What do you guys do? Or any suggestions.

James.

Personally, I don't bother with em.

I would never do an offer on 1st clean, due to it being the most time consuming clean and then people can just dump u after one clean.

I think offers can be a good idea as a selling point, but I find my customers don't expect anything like that from their window cleaner. But then again that could be a good selling point.

As long as I do a good job at a fair price, my custies seem happy.

I agree with mr Windyman

What is special for the customers is a good job, done reliably, at a reasonable price by someone they can trust/feel comfortable allowing to look through their windows when they are not there!

As for discounting 1st cleans, I'm, again with windyman, they are the hardest, muckiest therefore most time consuming one to do. You should charge extra for those and then discount (usual rate) subsequent cleans.

I get a lot of calls from military families wanting "March Out" cleans. They have to get house to a high standard before they leave. I have a MINIMUM charge of £20 regardless of size (2 bed etc). They are calling me because they don't have a window cleaner, therefore windows usually got 3 years of muck on them, i have to go out of my way to do them as they are moving on a specific date, and any I won't see them again so time invested in getting them clean is lost. Also no future work from them. And then house stands empty for months.

Some valid points there.

I have gained some good customers through my 10% off your first clean, but then I have also lost a few probably because of the reasons you have stated above windyman.

I have also had a few calls like yourself Vito from military 'walk outs' and I too charge a much higher price for the reasons you have stated.

I'm trying to think outside the box abit to try and capture peoples imaginations, its proving quite difficult atm though.

James.

I let customers know that the first clean will be a deep clean - including frames, for the same price as a regular clean.

Then if any customer refers a new customer to me I give £5 credit to their account after the second clean of the new customer.

keep it simple.

I let customers know that the first clean will be a deep clean - including frames, for the same price as a regular clean.

Then if any customer refers a new customer to me I give £5 credit to their account after the second clean of the new customer.

keep it simple.
Nice thinking outside the box abit there Dave, very good idea.

i offer 50% of an inside clean to any customer who takes out a regulay clean. i normally charge 1 and a half times the outside clean so e.g 8 pound external clean = 12 pound internal clean then with a discount its back to 8 pound the customers are getting a bargain and im getting an extra bit of work which wouldnt normally get.
If normal inside clean is £12, a 50% discount should make it £6. I know what ur saying tho.

Back