Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning

dth

Hi

How do you clean solar panels any-one?

Do you spray tfr on and then clean with the pure water or do u just use pure water.

How do you price suck a job.

Thanks.

Martin

just like you would clean a window, just a long pole and just pure water, any chemicals could casue damage

for a 16 panel system i charge £30 to give you some idea

I use a small amount of Ubik 2000 diluted sprayed onto brush if a lot of muck. 16 panels I charge 60. Expensive poles to reach most panels. I get work others can't reach. I price roughly 4 a panel.

just done my first 1 of 10 panels, up ladder with backpack on clx 27 quick clean & down took me 10 mins, it was a mate so only a tenner but still works out a £1 a minute

just done my first 1 of 10 panels, up ladder with backpack on clx 27 quick clean & down took me 10 mins, it was a mate so only a tenner but still works out a £1 a minute
you was lucky there then! wouldnt want to do them off ladders, esp with a backpack on!

just like you would clean a window, just a long pole and just pure water, any chemicals could casue damage
for a 16 panel system i charge £30 to give you some idea
Cheers for that dude, no chemicals, dont want to knack them up.

Without cleaning solar plat effciency reduced even it was by rain,So it can be was by any soap sprey but should not be any deposit on panel.

How many panels?

Access? Just a field?

Any water source?

How often?

Lots of variables to be able to price accurately.

If it's any help, for example on domestic properties I charge £4 per panel.

Easy access, enough water in van.

Customers generally have an outside tap if I am in desperate need.

Large scale farms generally have it done every 6 months.

Good luck with the quote. I sometimes just take a gamble with the price, some I win some I don't. It's business.

Hot wash.

Thanks for the repley. Found out some info. Access good and water if needed. The panels are roughly 2m x 1m. Don't know if this is the standard size. There are 1000 panels. Got to be done twice a year. Could you give me an idea of a price please.

Neil/Hotwash I would keep prices off this open forum myself as you have competition on here. PM hotwash would be best.... /emoticons/wink.png

I have a job to price to clean 1.5 acres of solar panels. Could some one help me as how I price this. New to doing solar panels.
Hi Neil. We have a confirmed 54,000 panels booked in during the next 12 months. We know this market well. We can talk if you like...

Competition is good for business, the more rubbish window cleaners out there the better it is for the decent ones. As I have said before its not all about window cleaning, customer service is key to a successful business.

If people don't like you then it's game over. Prices are not the issue as I am sure you have posted prices of jobs yourself, in business your way of arriving at a price should be the same. Overheads etc personal survival budgets. Use simple business skills to be able to price accurately for your own business, if you know how much everything costs you and you can work out the amount you have to charge.

Not everyone works for chocolate peanuts like me. I find cleaning is quicker with hot water so in my world time is money so I can be very competitive.

Targeted leaflets drops (customers with solar panels lol)

And

Good SEO on website.

What gets me, is we are getting calls now coz the sun is out. Its always the "sunshine brigade" Sun = CLEAN EVERYTHING!

Back