Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Guys Tradding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Do contemplatinghe wfp guys trad ?

The reason i ask is i have a customer say she doesnt like the wfp method and would prefer the trad method . Its 2 houses next to each other the mother and daughters so im wondering wether to dump them as i already dumped once but took them back on as it was £24 for an hrs work .

Im contemplating keeping them but unsure if its worth getting the ladders off for 2 houses ?

Only you can decide if you think it's worth the money for the work.. £24 an hour is a pretty good rate though. Unless your round is already packed out and you don't need the money / can easily replace them with other work, I'd say keep them on?

If the windows are cleaned to a satisfactory standard to the customers liking when using wfp method then I can see no reason for you to change your method of cleaning other than that they just don't like their windows being left wet to dry naturally.

If that is the case then maybe you could offer a compromise and say ok just for you as you are special customers I will trad the bottoms for you at x amount extra

That way they have a choice to ether find someone else or you get paid extra for the hassle of doing a combo clean.

I am left with one trad house (windows leak)

I gave away all my trad work to a new starter.

£24 an hr is good money. But for me I just don't want to ladder work anymore /emoticons/smile.png

I do both on some houses.

But as others will say, I would ask what they don't 'like' about wfp??

If it's doing a good job (if not then fare enough to them), then what difference does it make to them? Can't they wait an hour for windows to dry?

I have some customers like that, but explain the system, the benefits, and tell them you don't want to risk your neck climbing a ladder for 24quid.

I like your thinking and bet that lad was over the moon to be given trad work for free too. Nice one Damo /emoticons/wink.png

I am left with one trad house (windows leak)
I gave away all my trad work to a new starter.

£24 an hr is good money. But for me I just don't want to ladder work anymore /emoticons/smile.png

I'm the same as damo, dont want the ladder work. I do bottoms on couple of houses trad well it is selective windows as there where a couple of problems that I just couldn't remedy with the pole. One has leaded windows and in early mornings they could see a cloudy mark just above the lead and the other house has stained wood and would bleed just for a quiet life I trad these particular windows (6). go for the extra money to trad those windows or look to pass on if you don't want to do them.

Money is money. Plenty of people out there would tear ya sleeve off for £24 an hour. It's no it like it's a hard job this windy lark is it? Just try to get them over to your way of thinking every time you go. They'll come round in the end.........probably won't.

True story here. I have known a customer for over 20 years. She hates wfp and said to me last time that if she can find a windy who does it the old fashioned way she will give him the job and sack me! I shouted feck off you biatch at the top of my voice when I got back in my van. It's the crusties that can't hack wpf from my experience.

im rubbish at tradding seriously. BUT im going to learn because in summer im going to trad downstairs homes to save on water.

I only had 1 customer complain about me being wfp she didnt like it... i thought she was gonna cancel me....... but shes my best customer she pays me on time we get along well and always have a little chat and she even told me to start doing her daughters windows who lives a street away and now they told me to clean their canopies once a month aswell lol

If u dont wanna trad just say u dont /emoticons/smile.png It does a better job thats what i say to people

I can't understand this. If yer overloaded with work then yeah don't do it but if its in your normal round & you need it I can't see what the decision is. Course you do it. Christ £24 an hour just to get up a ladder. She may not like wfp not just her windows are left wet but also she may not like water everywhere or her seals dripping. Whatever it is surely its worth £24 to get the ladders out once in a blue moon. I'm sorry but if you got to much work don't bother but if you ain't you must be mad to turn it down.

Wfp tops and trad groundfloor,£24 an hour is still a good rate.just educate them a little and sure it will be fine.

I can't understand this. If yer overloaded with work then yeah don't do it but if its in your normal round & you need it I can't see what the decision is. Course you do it. Christ £24 an hour just to get up a ladder. She may not like wfp not just her windows are left wet but also she may not like water everywhere or her seals dripping. Whatever it is surely its worth £24 to get the ladders out once in a blue moon. I'm sorry but if you got to much work don't bother but if you ain't you must be mad to turn it down.
And well said,I've got stacks of work but still want more,as long as its safe and if they are so against wfp which some people are then just do it another £25 in the bin won't hurt and next to each other happy days.

When you put it like that it sounds simple. But when you are working full time WFP the last thing you want to do is do a trad house during the day. We have tried everything, trad only days. Do it at the begging of a day, do it at the end of the day. All the methods we tried didn't work. The worst was doing all the trad houses on one day, buckets down with rain and all your plans are wasted.

This is why I gave all the trad work away. When you do 25 houses in a street and ONE trad, it doesn't make sense. The main reason why I dropped the work, is image. I don't want my WFP customers looking at me cleaning up a ladder. Otherwise they could start asking for trad again.

Oh yeah Christ. If I was starting out I'd be cleaning anything for money. And did tbh lol.

Fronts for £3.50 lol

when i started out i charged 6.50, when ur new to the business you do anything to get work dont ya lol. id never do a house for 6.50 again. i have a bungalow tomorrow which i normally wfp clean, might trad tomorrow to see how long it takes me to do.

Latest Posts

Back