Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One Shot Controller

essex boy

rated 10 out of 10

I bought a one shot controller off of Damo and fitted it a few days ago. It took half an hour to fit including to the exterior of the roof so was pretty easy.

I have tried creasing the hose, taps, valves, taps in holsters, other remotes and whilst all have varying degrees of success none have quite done the job properly.

I then tried a spring loaded tap which screws onto the end of the pole. I am not sure whether I can mention it by name but most people know the device. I will say it was very good at doing the job and I had the same one for 2 years without replacing one part. I really liked it but my only faults were it lengthened the closed pole by quite a few inches and although fairly light, when the pole was extended it made a considerable difference.

Then yesterday I tried the one shot.......and it is simply brilliant. It works very well because it is designed to work alongside WFP controllers so you know it is fit for purpose.

I cleaned 3 houses in a row yesterday and the last was around 60 metres away. I was at the back of the house so completely out of sight but it did the job perfectly.

I am sure others will have a different take on this but from my point of view it was brilliant.

It is small and compact so barely noticeable on the inside of your van roof. One 16mm hole drilled through the roof and that’s it as you are provided with a waterproof collar which just screws on for fitting securely to your van.

One wire to the positive and one to the negative terminal of your battery then simply cut the wire as instructed between the pump and controller and attached the two wires provided from the remote box and that’s it.

You are provided with a little key fob for which you can buy spares. I is small and is literally one press to start and one to stop, couldn’t be easier.

Bad points: the only point of note for me was that it didn’t come with two key fob remotes although I appreciate this would drive up the cost and it is difficult to know where to put the remote. I have used a lanyard to put mine on but I wonder whether it would be better on a wristband or similar.

All in all I am over the moon with this product and would absolutely recommend it to anyone, it is brilliant.

Thanks RC.

I can't see it working for me somehow with all the ladders I need to carry on my van roof.

Thanks RC.
I can't see it working for me somehow with all the ladders I need to carry on my van roof.
The one I'm working on stays in the van and has a line of site range of 100m

Plus looking at an option for external antenna that can mount on the end of roof bars or on the side of vans

Thanks RC.
I have a rack and 3 ladders. The antennae is not very big and fits anywhere.

Gardiners sell them.

I guess it's horses for courses but for me me it is perfect

That sounds more encouraging as thought it would affect the signal range on the roof with ladder being in the way.

Could you post some pics on how you have set it up on your van roof?

I have a rack and 3 ladders. The antennae is not very big and fits anywhere.
Gardiners sell them.

I guess it's horses for courses but for me me it is perfect

That sounds more encouraging as thought it would affect the signal range on the roof with ladder being in the way.
Could you post some pics on how you have set it up on your van roof?
I will take photos

just for the switch its £60 for a 60m range (line of site)
or

one im doing is around £30-£40 for upto 125m range (line of site)
RC used mine completely out of sight at 60m and it worked fine. I will yesterday to 100m today

RC used mine completely out of sight at 60m and it worked fine. I will yesterday to 100m today
thats not to bad then.

i know mine works when at the front of the house (inside) to the back of the closed van, as mine in fitted inside the van, at 60-70m so thats good!

Not being funny RC but why not post the links of what parts you are using so we can have a go at making our own /emoticons/wink.png

Not being funny RC but why not post the links of what parts you are using so we can have a go at making our own /emoticons/wink.png
because im looking at selling them as a business, no point spending out what i have so far testing these etc for nothing,plus for what im looking at selling them for its not really a high profit, to buy all the single items i use to make one and the cost of postage for the parts people would be spening about the same as i am selling them for anyway give or take a few quid!

because im looking at selling them as a business, no point spending out what i have so far testing these etc for nothing,plus for what im looking at selling them for its not really a high profit, to buy all the single items i use to make one and the cost of postage for the parts people would be spening about the same as i am selling them for anyway give or take a few quid!
Good for you. If your are clever enough to design and make something that useful then you deserve your reward.

Good for you. If your are clever enough to design and make something that useful then you deserve your reward.
Cheers, the rewards not high but at least the cost of the product is low for more people to maybe afford, Plus took on board on something you said about only having one remote for it, and i think i could be able to supply it with 2 remotes.

Back