Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

resin

Guest scotty

hi,,im new to wfp systems only had it month..

i priced some resin up from brodex where i bought system and for 25.L premuim grade virgin polymer di ,,,its £85.00 + vat...

do i need use there stuff ,if not what can i use and wheres best place,i have E-Compact 250DI system.

thanks for any help

Guest badbusdriver

Hey scotty, I am wfp only, and use di only for purification. I have tried most different brands of resin and to be honest, never really noticed any meaningful difference in performance, so i just get whichever 'virgin' resin is cheapest. I use either wintecs or cleaning spot, and although some on here dont have high opinions of cleaning spot, i have never had any problem with them. Windecs offer a free next day delivery for orders over £45 if ordere before 2pm, and their cheapest resin is dowex at £62.10 + VAT, cleaning spot has cedelite for £61.19 + VAT. Cleaning spot also has tulsion for £62.99 + VAT, but it is 111 not 115 (which apparently is better). As has been indicated by others here, brodex isnt the best. Their pole prices are good (pretty much the only thing they sell which is 'cheap'!), but they are poor quality (esp clamps), their service is terrible, and if you order something from them, be prepared to wait a fort***ht for it to be delivered!.

cheers for that and i wont be ordering anything from brodex believe me.. when i was thinking about getting system they were on the phone every day,mythering me to death,,but soon as i bought it the sales team seemed to be busy all time hmmmm..so ill give 1 off these a go,,,

another thick question,,,are the brush heads standard size so fit on most polls,cos was gonna get another small pole (25ft ish) for backup cos other pole i bought is a 45ft pole and to big for everyday use on normal size houses i think,,

cheers wfp newby

Guest badbusdriver

As far as i am aware the brushes are a standard fitting scotty, but they dont actually go on your pole. You will have either an angled fitting, which can be adjusted through 180 degrees for optimum position, which is what i use, but you also get the 'goose neck' in various sizes, which can be handy for some akward to reach upstairs windows. The brushes themselves, get fitted to these, which in turn, are fitted to the pole. I use 2 poles (both brodex, ha!, but the small one came from cleaning spot!), a 34" fibreglass one, this can get me to a 3rd floor window, its starting to get a bit tired now so been thinking about a replacement. My other brush is a 9" aluminium one, its very handy as it has a good reach, is very light, and being 3 section, is very small when collapsed so handy for tight spaces!.

Guest badbusdriver

???!!!, sealed and wet?, news to me!. I have been cleaning windows using di resin purified water for 2.5 years, and never heard that one before. I never seal my resin bag, or keep it wet, it just sits in the back of my van and i've never had any problems?.

Guest badbusdriver

If that is the case, why has it never happened to me?. A bag of resin gives me 3 and a bit refills of my vessel, and the 25 litre bag will do me just over 3 months. During which time the bag is just sitting in the back of the van, 'not sealed'. I keep track of how much moneys worth i get out of each vessel full, one of which lasts approx 1 full monthly round, and there is no difference in performance between the 1st, 2nd or 3rd refill, so i'm afraid with my 2.5 years worth of evidence to the contrary, i will have to respectfully disagree, sorry!.

Guest badbusdriver

As mentioned in earlier post, i use all different brands, depending on best price. Just opened a bag of tulsion mb-111, but i think it was dowex last time. Also used unger and celedite in the past.

Guest badbusdriver

Well i'm baffled! (not that it's too hard to do!), like i said, i've never heard this before, and never suffered any ill effects. Maybe the problems are with storing it in a warm(ish) dry environment, like a garage or shed?. Mine is always in the van, and while i dont leave the bag wide open, its never 'sealed'. I just push the top of the bag down to cover the opening, ironically, this was because i didnt want any water being spilled in it (hinty says it should be kept wet)!.

I think it's time for a little experiment! I'm going to get 2 bags of tulsion / one slightly damp and one bone dry for 1 week. I'll see what happens to them both and post the results for you guys on here.

James.

• Like 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.