Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

New Part-time Startup

Dan@Windaclean

Hello everybody my name is Dan. This looks like a fantastic resource and I've already taken some great advice on board after only being a member for a few days.

I work as a fire-fighter and am following the old cliché and looking to start a small round in my neighbourhood, that I can service on my days off.

I have identified some basic kit from Window Cleaning Warehouse that I will order. I'm trying to keep costs down so have order a bucket, belt bucket, 10" applicator, 10" squeegee, a sSwear word!per and some microfibre and scrim.

However, when it comes to a ladder I'm looking for advice. I have been looking at combination ladders on eBay and have found a company called Piranha Trading selling a 4.75ft combination ladder for £69.95. Would this be suited to my needs? Any ladder advice for a new start-up would be gratefully received.

It's great to finally get involved and I'm very much looking forward to being part of the window cleaning community!

A very warm welcome to the site. I believe if you take a look in the suppliers or services area there is a couple of companies that sell ladders. Really you want to make sure these are proper sturdy ladders and not just your every day diy ladders.

Welcome Dan!

I had some piranha ladders and unfortunately they don't last long. As Gav said try looking in the suppliers section, you will find good trade ladders in there!

Good luck with your new venture.

James.

i always bought the ones from bnq about the same price, usually got 3 yrs from them. it never happened to me, but if the bottom rung starts breaking, shove a piece of broom handle inside.

12 rungers i got, coped with most stuff.

Hi all I'm thinking of starting a round of my own. Could do with any tips as the wife says that I have no chance as she seems to think every body in derbysire has a window cleaner . Any tips would be a great help

Hi all I'm thinking of starting a round of my own. Could do with any tips as the wife says that I have no chance as she seems to think every body in derbysire has a window cleaner . Any tips would be a great help

Start a thread Barney!

James.

Canvas and doorknock every spare minute you have. Took me near on 2 years to get where I wanted to get. Lost a stone doing it tho. However many times you get told " NO" just put it aside & keep going. There's millions of houses out there.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.