Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wheelie Bin Setup Pics For Jb

Nice one /emoticons/wink.png

I was also wondering if you use a filter inside the bin but guess not.

What the customers are you thinking?

If so then yes most I have seen will be full of **** and some will not have one. Also the washer would have to be close by to it so not that practical really. But thinking out of the box nowdays everyone has a council wheelie bin so the worst senorio would be to ask them if you could clean it out using a hose pipe then use it as a buffer tank. Just throw the inlet pipe to the washer and hose connected to an outside tap let if fill then away you go. Not ideal but would save you lugging a wheelie bin about in the van/car yourself. /emoticons/biggrin.png

can you use a water butt from the garden, or would the water be to mucky?

sorry to sound a bit thick but whats this for?? surely its heavy to lug about with water in ?? :huh:

When using a professional pressure washer with a pump of 3000 psi or more and a flow rate 15 lpm or greater you need to supply enough water to the washer as the demand is greater than a tap can provide (approx 8 lpm depending on mains pressure) to be able to work efficiently. Hence why washers of that size need a buffer tank of some sorts to draw/suck enough water in for the demand of the pump.

When setting up the washer you would connect a hose from an outside tap to fill the wheelie bin then attach the intake hose to the pump of the washer. Then would need to keep the tap hose on all the time so keeps it filling while you work. Depends what length of pressure washer hose you use if you would then need to move the washer and bin about once setup. It is common practice to use a 220 ltr wheelie bin for this purpose as it has wheels on.

Hope this helps?

I also might be thick but seems a bit of a strange idea to me, guys round me have a tank in either a van or trailer and I think filter the water back into the tank to re-use.

Mosmatic do fsc' with vac port to suck the water up but you need a roots type blower that is powerful enough for continues use an electric vacs would not last very long. Also would need a filtration system to filter the water back into the holding tank so that sort of setup would cost a fortune to buy.

This trailer rig would nicely /emoticons/biggrin.png

For a portable washer they are ideal or like you say some use van tanks, bowser and trailer setups instead.

do all pressure washers suck the water ? just wondering, i have a pressure washer and never tried. only used it once coz i bought it cheep

Now this looks good :lol:

Wow! up to 35 x more powerful than a normal hose... Awesome don’t you think?

What they don't tell ppl is that will take them days to try to clean a block paved driveway as so many of my customers have tried and given up. One old boy oposite where I was working actualy was sat down on a chair using one cleaning his driveway. By the time I had finished the driveway I was cleaning he had not moved his chair once. He just looked at me and I knew what he was thinking /emoticons/biggrin.png

What the customers are you thinking?
If so then yes most I have seen will be full of **** and some will not have one. Also the washer would have to be close by to it so not that practical really. But thinking out of the box nowdays everyone has a council wheelie bin so the worst senorio would be to ask them if you could clean it out using a hose pipe then use it as a buffer tank. Just throw the inlet pipe to the washer and hose connected to an outside tap let if fill then away you go. Not ideal but would save you lugging a wheelie bin about in the van/car yourself. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Sorry, errm, was just a question I was wondering, never would do this on a customers house!!

Just my parents have one wondered if I could use this water to clean there driveway...

Nice one /emoticons/wink.png
I was also wondering if you use a filter inside the bin but guess not.
Actually i do , its just screws onto the threaded part inside the bin , also the interpumps have a filter on the inlet, the one in the bin was borrowed at time off pictures and was on my other washer as its one got damaged.

sorry to sound a bit thick but whats this for?? surely its heavy to lug about with water in ?? :huh:
You dont lug it about its just a resovoir,, if you need tae move the powerwasher you empty the bin, move , have a cuppa while its filling up and get going again /emoticons/biggrin.png

Donny, is there enough pressure coming from the wheely bin to feed your washer ok. is there anything you do to make sure it feeds the pressure washer , i mean like lower psi or is it ok, you mentioned placing a filter over lower water feed to washer hose.

Donny if you feed the pressure washer from a customers water supply, what do you do regarding the outer bypass on washer regarding water bypassing the pump when lance not on. does the RTT have a shut off if you need to use it.

Plenty pressure Johnny yes, the filter inside the bin is just too stop debris should any get into the bin from reaching the pump, however the pump also has a filter just inside the inlet, i feed the return too tank hose in through the top off the bin when im using that pump , it does not have a shut off you have too have it going back too the tank at all times , yours is taped too the inlet suction hose so wont be an issue.

Latest Posts

Back