Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Pressure Washer ?

looking to buy a new pressure washer i have a tech clean surface cleaner and been told that the washer needs roughly 200 bar to operate this cleaner efficiently im looking to spend around £500 obviously 1st choice would be honda but there isnt that many for sale at the minute 2nd hand, there a few others iv been looking at on ebay but iv had a bad experience with those chonda type washers before (pump whent twice within months) can any one recommend a washer in this sort of price range that is reliable

To drive a fsc efficiently would need at least a 21 lpm pump. This one in the vid is running 42 lpm at 4000 psi /emoticons/biggrin.png

This is how the big boy's do it in flp flopps :lol:

To be honest you will be hard pushed to get any decent Honda for only £500

What did you have before?

just a cheap one off ebay one of the chonda's had for about 6 months had to buy 2 pumps for it and sold it as spares in the end. got a big job coming up soon though so need to get a new one sorted so looking for something bit more reliable but not to sure what to go for

them chonda have caught a lot of people ,there chinese honda copies and dont last ,you wont buy a new reliable washer for 500 ,you might get lucky on ebay etc with a second hand one but then you dont know its history ,

i never bought one ,theres some guy on ebay at the moment flogging them for 200 quid so that alone would put me off , a mate had 2 of them and the pump went in both.

Well spending only £200 or less on a new washer is not going to get you much is it? :rolleyes:

i never bought one ,theres some guy on ebay at the moment flogging them for 200 quid so that alone would put me off , a mate had 2 of them and the pump went in both.

i think i spent around 200 on my chonda, it was quoting 170 bar which turned out to be more like 100 bar, 2 new pumps at £60 each think i sold for £ 50 in the end after a 6 month headache, im looking at this washer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221201114421?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649 iv spoke to seller and weve agreed a price a price, it looks good to me it ticks all the right boxes, what do you guys think would you go for it or buy one brand new as like mr shine said i dont no its history.

i was working on a house this afternoon and a pikey pulled up ,he called me and he showed me a brand new honda gx390 he had in his van , he was trying to sell to me for 300 euros , i wasnt interested ,it had id numbers tippexed on the petrol tank so id say it was only robbed from some local hire company , parasite scum

thats a good price , theres an interpump on it so thats good , ask the seller what the model number is on the pump and if its a ws 202 then its pumping 21lpm and thats enough to run your fsc , is the seller prepared to show you it working , and it wouldnt be a bad idea to service it before you use it if you buy it

I would have offered him 200 /emoticons/biggrin.png

i was working on a house this afternoon and a pikey pulled up ,he called me and he showed me a brand new honda gx390 he had in his van , he was trying to sell to me for 300 euros , i wasnt interested ,it had id numbers tippexed on the petrol tank so id say it was only robbed from some local hire company , parasite scum

Looks a bag of shite to me....You need to be very careful as most washers being sold on ebay like that are on the way out.

i think i spent around 200 on my chonda' date=' it was quoting 170 bar which turned out to be more like 100 bar, 2 new pumps at £60 each think i sold for £ 50 in the end after a 6 month headache, im looking at this washer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221201114421?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649 iv spoke to seller and weve agreed a price a price, it looks good to me it ticks all the right boxes, what do you guys think would you go for it or buy one brand new as like mr shine said i dont no its history.

this is why i bought new, tempted by honda 390 s on ebay, they would only be selling if they think something is ready to go on them, or they have bought new for cleaning set up, hasnt taken off. these will still have receipts and little used.. i wouldnt like to buy second hand with no history. imagine it conking out on your first job. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wacko: :blink:

Latest Posts

Back