Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Van size

twinge1976

Hi all I'm just asking for advice on what kind of van to purchase ,

I have a Peugeot partner but having problems as the pole is too long and do wanna put it on roof rack

What size , make and models do you people have or recommend

I have a scudo, with ply bulk head, but the top of the bulk head is cut out so the pole comes through. Most vans this size you'd have to allow the pole through the bulk head, can u do that?

If u want a van where pole will fit entirely in the back, it'd have to be transit, traffic, something that size.

Guest badbusdriver

I have a lwb transit connect 230 which has enough length for my 34" pole collapsed. I used to have it along the inside of the roof, where it came right to the front above my head, but now i have it diagonaly along the side. You could probably do the same with a citroen dispatch/fiat scudo/peugeot expert (they are essentially the same van). For the record, if i could turn back the clock, i probably would go for one of those 3 instead of my connect. Why?, because the load bay has a much lower floor, there is the option of 3 seats, but most importantly, from a safety point of view, there is a large step up from the load bay into the cab, so a water tank strapped/fixed to the floor has absolutely no chance whatsoever of coming forward into the cab in the event of an accident. It also means that any leakage, is not going to get into the cab, like in my connect!. The three vans mentioned (and im talking about the pre '07 version) have a 900kg payload in turbo diesel form (same as my connect, and ok for a tank up to 500ltrs), and slightly less for non turbo versions (825kg i think), the current style have payloads of 988kg or 1188kg, and can be had with a 1.6 turbo diesel.

P.s, you might need to let the pipe hang a few inches from the roof, so u can pull pole straight out of your back doors. Depends what ur van's like. Actually it helps if you have a 90deg socket on ur brush rather than a 45deg. The brush hangs lower & doesn't hit top of van when removing from drain pipe.

I have a Ford Transit Connect and I love it, perfect size and its quite nippy. I can fit my 500L tank in and all my poles. I also have enough room for all my equipment, buckets, squeegees etc. 1.8 Turbo ftw :D

It depends what your looking for as all vans have different pro's and con's tbh with you.

James.

Guest neil_09

Iv an astra van for sale if anyones interested.

Iv got 125ltr tank in bk. Could have up to 400ltrs at a guess. Lookin for £1800

04 plate just clicked over to 100k. 1.7 cdti.

Pm me. Will swap for transit or connect or combo.

Iv an astra van for sale if anyones interested.

Iv got 125ltr tank in bk. Could have up to 400ltrs at a guess. Lookin for £1800

04 plate just clicked over to 100k. 1.7 cdti.

Pm me. Will swap for transit or connect or combo.

you got any wfp pole gear going for sale?

good price that for the van.

Guest neil_09

Cambelt done at 75k

Brand new brakes 2 months ago

10 months mot

3 months tax

Not yet gimmy a week or so im guna be upgradin my system so will probs have a few poles etc up for grabs.

The vans a good price because iv seen the one i want and im 1800 short lol

I no a lad who had 500 ltr in his astra van pulled well didnt feel over loaded. And because it was the 1.7 cdti it pulled like normal.

James send me your email addy ill send you some pics of it n my set up

if i went wfp id have to use under 200l tank as this van is a gutless son of a gun lol.berlingo non turbo cheap to run tho.

+1 for Berlingo's, dirt cheap to run and look nice. I like my Transit though for the Turbo. Gotta have a bit of Turbo for those steep hills!

James.

Guest badbusdriver

Not sure i agree with that james, i dont find my connect very eager at all unless pulling 3000rpm+, esp with a full tank (not so bad after that though). Low down torque is what you need, outright power isnt very important unless you drive like a boy racer!. I used to have a swb iveco daily, it didnt have much more power than my connect (96bhp vs 88bhp) but the extra 500cc of engine capacity meant it would pull happily from almost a standstill in 2nd gear with a ton of water in the back. I still miss that old bus, and if fuel economy wasnt such a major issue to me with my round spread far and wide, i would have another in a shot!. Steering lock like a london cab, it could just about do a u-turn in its own length!, nice high up driving position for a great view over other traffic, much quieter and more refined in the cab than the connect, oh so comfy seat, and incredibly effective heating and ventilation. I averaged 29 mpg with mine (which i suppose isnt too bad for a 3.5t van), whereas i get 41 out of my connect, so with the size of my round in relation to how far i have to travel, it just wasnt an effective choice. Still, once i build my round up a bit more, maybe get shot of some of my farther away work, might get another!.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.