Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Pump Box

windyman

Where's the best place to get a complete pump box? (Pump, battery, flow controller etc) and how much am I looking at?

Also, how easy is it to install a split charge relay? Is it simply connecting couple of wires to van battery? Or does it need someone who knows what they're doing??

Guest badbusdriver

I used to use a leisure battery only in my 1st van, but lots of hassle taking it out to charge it up at ***ht, so with current van, hooked pump controller up to van battery. No probs, i have 1 street where i am parked up for 3 hours doing houses, never had any bother starting afterwards!. Not sure what a split charge relay is, but connecting my controller up to van battery was easy peasy!. Ran the wires from the battery, through into the inner wing, out at pass door aperture, up over the top (tucked into door seal), and through into the back. By the way, i have used cleaning spot regular for over a year without any problems.

I used to use a leisure battery only in my 1st van, but lots of hassle taking it out to charge it up at ***ht, so with current van, hooked pump controller up to van battery. No probs, i have 1 street where i am parked up for 3 hours doing houses, never had any bother starting afterwards!. Not sure what a split charge relay is, but connecting my controller up to van battery was easy peasy!. Ran the wires from the battery, through into the inner wing, out at pass door aperture, up over the top (tucked into door seal), and through into the back. By the way, i have used cleaning spot regular for over a year without any problems.

Ok cheers. A split charge relay is when you wire up your leisure bat to ur van bat, so that as ur driving along, your leisure bat gets charged up.

I have the relay and is really easy and no hastle at all never have to charge my battery again.

Do u have to buy a 'kit' or something that has all the bits you need? Did u do it yourself?

Guest badbusdriver

Hey windyman, not sure if i made myself clear on my earlier post, but i dont have a leisure battery at all, just wired straight to the van battery. All the wiring needed came with the pump controller i bought from cleaning spot, athough i believe i can, if i needed, use a leisure battery aswell, and the controller will keep it charged up from the van battery.

Oh, one other thing simon, I dont use a pump box, i dont really think it is necessary. just mount the pump somewhere it isnt going to get soaked and use some spray grease on the connections. I still have my original pump, 2.5 years and still going strong (touchwood!).

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.