Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Box

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Where's the best place to get a complete pump box? (Pump, battery, flow controller etc) and how much am I looking at?

Also, how easy is it to install a split charge relay? Is it simply connecting couple of wires to van battery? Or does it need someone who knows what they're doing??

Windowcleaningwarehouse or cleaningspot I think. I've never used warehouse so I can't rate it tbh. Cleaning Spot are good but in my experience are very unreliable.

James.

I used to use a leisure battery only in my 1st van, but lots of hassle taking it out to charge it up at ***ht, so with current van, hooked pump controller up to van battery. No probs, i have 1 street where i am parked up for 3 hours doing houses, never had any bother starting afterwards!. Not sure what a split charge relay is, but connecting my controller up to van battery was easy peasy!. Ran the wires from the battery, through into the inner wing, out at pass door aperture, up over the top (tucked into door seal), and through into the back. By the way, i have used cleaning spot regular for over a year without any problems.
Ok cheers. A split charge relay is when you wire up your leisure bat to ur van bat, so that as ur driving along, your leisure bat gets charged up.

I have the relay and is really easy and no hastle at all never have to charge my battery again.
Do u have to buy a 'kit' or something that has all the bits you need? Did u do it yourself?

Yes did it my self. Got it fron ebay. Comes with everything you nees although I did need to get more wire as the stuff they provided was not long enough.

Spilt charge relay, mine cost £10 and I fitted it in under an hour (i was meticulous with the cable run) Best tener i spent!
£10?? No wonder its the best tenner you spent Jeremy.

James.

Back