Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning evidence ........

O

OoO

On residential???

I have been looking at some panels over the weekend, and they look clean!

Some have been installed 9 months, others just over a year.

Are they really going to see an improvement, AND be more efficient?

How will they know?

Do they have a % meter or something?

Input.....input i need inputtttttttttttttt.

Yeah they`ll be able to know how much electricity is produced. when there installed "free", companys take what isnt used after a certain time of day and sell it to power grid.. so they must know.

bit of a vague answer but some one else will go in to more detail i`m sure (yawn)

I think unless you have thousands of these on a farm the output increase after cleaning would be minimal.

So just say you charge a customer £30 a year to clean the panels on roof.

Are they going to get this back within the year?

most arnt paying any thing. free supply during the day and stored energy is what the installation company make their money on.

they`d only produce more power in the day so save on using any excess grid power to back up what the panels make.

most will have them cleaned from a aesthetic point of view rather than a saving.

One customer I did has a monitor for each panel on his system and he could see the power produced on each panel I was cleaning increase, phone him the next day to see how it was and he said even though it was cloudy there was more power been produced on the cloudy day than it did the day before on a brighter day.

Some people say that there is a 25%+ more power being produced when cleaning is done.

Some installation companies say in there warranty that they have to be cleaned to keep warranty valid.

This panel was cleaned after a year of it being up, (in bedford)

View attachment 1345

Awesome, cheers RC (stay out of bedford /emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/tongue.png
Lol be back there soon to do it again, it's great coz I get to do the conservatory roof and all the windows too so worth going out to do it! lol

I have done all the reading in the world lol, just wanted to hear from the horses mouth lol

Let me know, and i can meet you if you want after ya done!!

I have done all the reading in the world lol, just wanted to hear from the horses mouth lol

Let me know, and i can meet you if you want after ya done!!
Will do, got to phone her to book it in, will let you know.

I got asked by local sp company to clean all the customers but after a good chat and some case studies and quotes passed it on to someone else.

want to concentrate and continue what I do unless it's worth the money.

That pic I put up was a sloping one and the customer say there was a great diffrence I the power produced,
Nothing is ever black and white.
sloping ones can get very dirty under trees and alike same as flat ones.

so many variables you just have to be truthful to the customers if your selling a service,

if they ask you to clean them clean them.

Nothing is ever black and white.
sloping ones can get very dirty under trees and alike same as flat ones.

so many variables you just have to be truthful to the customers if your selling a service,

if they ask you to clean them clean them.
Yer that's true, Flat ones would be the worst ones as dirty water got no where to run off,

I got asked by local sp company to clean all the customers but after a good chat and some case studies and quotes passed it on to someone else.want to concentrate and continue what I do unless it's worth the money.
I don't know, £30 for 15-20 minutes work, think how much you could make in a day if you did a load! Lol

I don't know, £30 for 15-20 minutes work, think how much you could make in a day if you did a load! Lol
Problem is though mate they were scattered all over country side and I do some of properties any way so shall knock them out with windows.I've got plenty on mate anyway so happy days.

Would need to loads to pay for your longer pole only charging 30 quid a pop /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah but round my way some of them look really awkward and sp firm have said they will recommend me to customer.

Thing is some just ain't gonna pay so get some other mug to do erm for £30.

I stand at around a £1000 invested in solar panel cleaning gear so far, so shouldn't take long to get back.

I have 3 jobs already booked in, little bit nervous. But hey ho lol

Problem is though mate they were scattered all over country side and I do some of properties any way so shall knock them out with windows.I've got plenty on mate anyway so happy days.
No not that good when all over the place,

Latest Posts

Back