Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest OoO

Solar panel cleaning evidence ........

rcproperty
Only nervous a bit about the height. 60ft

Don't have to stand that far away from that bungalow roof! Lol

Guest OoO

My first 3 jobs are roof mounts.

But I have a farm job to price up. Prob

About 25 ft high on metal roofs.

I do have a bungalow job. But not yet lmao.

Guest Solar Steve

They will all be easy enough to clean. Don't sweat mate, you'll be fine.

harunh

its very dangerous cleaning solar panels on houses i reckon

some houses dont have space etc and it can be very tight and when its tight its just awkward

rcproperty
My first 3 jobs are roof mounts.

But I have a farm job to price up. Prob

About 25 ft high on metal roofs.

I do have a bungalow job. But not yet lmao.

Like I said before, if you want, I'll come and stand by and hold your hose for you! Lol

rcproperty
its very dangerous cleaning solar panels on houses i reckon

some houses dont have space etc and it can be very tight and when its tight its just awkward

Not at all, if they can get up there to fit them then there always a way to clean them! Lol

All about using the right access equipment

Guest OoO

Cheers Richard. Haven't set a date yet as still catching up on new customers etc.

rcproperty
Cheers Richard. Haven't set a date yet as still catching up on new customers etc.

No problem, I know that feeling, let's hope it's a nice week and weatherman is wrong!

Guest OoO

Bedfordshire looks to be ok ish for the whole week :ph34r:

rcproperty

Last time I looked the only good days we have in the next 10 days is Wednesday and Thursday this week!

Guest OoO
Last time I looked the only good days we have in the next 10 days is Wednesday and Thursday this week!

According to weather report, Wednesday and Friday could be trouble.

But all week it looks like showers,rain,sleet,snow,wind and earthquakes (I may have made one up ;) )

Smurf

I think some of you chaps are living in a dream world myself :D

Not at all, if they can get up there to fit them then there always a way to clean them! Lol

All about using the right access equipment

Guest OoO

??

rcproperty

Why u say that?

Adam Bartlett

how do you guys doing solar panels market/advertise for the work?

I came conclusion best bet was contracts with installers. That just the standard way you reckon as opposed to all the effort locating them yourself and leaflet dropping blah blah

keir

i cleaned about 20 panels the other month mounted on a garage roof, corragated steel with a very shallow angle infact pretty much flat, he is in competition with his son to see whose system produces the most leccy. anyway they weren't really dirty about the same as the picture where half cleaned and half not on page 1 or 2, and he monitored for a week on his feed in meter and said cleaning made nearly 0% difference to his output

Tuffers

I've looked into solar panel cleaning. I spent a morning on the phone to installers. Got no joy at all. They all said that they sell them as self cleaning and how are they going to tell a customer that they have a firm that will clean them. I then targeted directly to solar owners. I sent individualy written flyers. No interest also. Think I'll stick to what I know unless something falls in my lap.

Guest Solar Steve

You're both right, it'll never pay!!! ;-)

keir
You're both right, it'll never pay!!! ;-)

haha i never said that lol

it paid me £20 and i know it pays you handsomely lol

but i would find it hard to pitch for work using the output gains as my only thing for pro's for cleaning

i have mentioned to a few of my custys who have panels that it "COULD" increase output but just say why not try to protect/maintain their very expensive investment by a once a year clean.

Guest Solar Steve
haha i never said that lol

it paid me £20 and i know it pays you handsomely lol

but i would find it hard to pitch for work using the output gains as my only thing for pro's for cleaning

i have mentioned to a few of my custys who have panels that it "COULD" increase output but just say why not try to protect/maintain their very expensive investment by a once a year clean.

Good thinking. There is evidence out there to show it will increase output, but so far there is not a UK 'standard'. We have our own case studies so can draw on these for experience.

However, within the next 12 months, we will be working with the professors at Glyndwr University and get some 'official' UK solar panel cleaning research completed. Its very exciting to be part of this! They are the real deal. No organisation anywhere in the UK is better placed than these guys to prove the scientific benefits of solar cleaning. Watch this space.......

keir
Good thinking. There is evidence out there to show it will increase output, but so far there is not a UK 'standard'. We have our own case studies so can draw on these for experience.

However, within the next 12 months, we will be working with the professors at Glyndwr University and get some 'official' UK solar panel cleaning research completed. Its very exciting to be part of this! They are the real deal. No organisation anywhere in the UK is better placed than these guys to prove the scientific benefits of solar cleaning. Watch this space.......

I'll be watching with baited breath, after I have completed the impact43 training and I have a piece of paper I will actively seek solar work around my area. Will they publish their findings for us all to see?

Guest Solar Steve

Yes. The findings will be published. It may not be until this time next year. They have to be meticulous. They are the leading minds of solar research in the UK. That's not boasting, they are THE men! :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.