Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP - Do Customers Understand the Concept?

James

Recently I've had a few customers starting to question myself leaving the windows wet (although I have explained to them the process I do at home filtering down the water & that it should leave a perfect finish).

I've had customers saying that although the WFP leaves a good finish they would like me to do a traditional clean instead (I think this is a complete waste of time, but oh well). An example of this was one of my customers saying that her father was a traditional window cleaner and she has always been used to the older traditional methods of window cleaning.

I just wonder that to some customers it must feel like I brush the windows a couple of times then move on. In the past they have seen window cleaners really grafting to scrub the windows then squeegee the water off. My argument is, its still leaving a perfect clean and in theory it's the clean your paying for, not the method on how I do it.

Do you guys using a waterfed pole charge more for traditional cleans as they take alot longer? Or do you just end the contract with the customer?

Very interested to hear your opinions.

James.

its a funny old world mate as long as they are clean i dont see what the method has to do with it.

and i was always led to beleave that wfp prices were higher than trad??due to running cost ect.

I charge the same , and explain that the running costs have to be covered, but the customer also gets the full frame clean done for free - whereas by doing it traditionally I would have had to charge double. Then the customer thinks they are on the winning side - everyone is happy

its a funny old world mate as long as they are clean i dont see what the method has to do with it.

and i was always led to beleave that wfp prices were higher than trad??due to running cost ect.
Tell me about it! I'm not sure, I've spoken to a few cleaners and I think most charge more for traditional cleans as they take longer.

I charge the same , and explain that the running costs have to be covered, but the customer also gets the full frame clean done for free - whereas by doing it traditionally I would have had to charge double. Then the customer thinks they are on the winning side - everyone is happy
Thats a really good idea, charging double for a traditional clean but exaplaining that they are getting the frames done for no extra cost! Everyones a winner, I'll try that I think, cheers Dave.

James.

Yea I know what u mean, some people just don't get it. I had one guy who had his windows done wfp for years, literally. Then he retired recently, so was in when we did them. Moaned like hell that they were wet & told him we'd done it like this for years, and he'd always been happy with result! The idiot still cancelled. Good ridence I say!

I wouldn't do it traditional even if they asked. Would use the 'health and safety' line if they moaned. It's WFP way or no way!

james, some people will not get it, it goes against natural logic that not drying off is unfinished, which is a fair enough thing to think. but once you've explained it, some still won't like the fact that the windows are wet. i've had a custy going on about it since i started, and i've agreed to compromise wfp tops, trad downs, she's convinced it does'nt work, but i know for a fact that hers come up flawless, pilkington glass, i could wash them with sewage water!

at the end of the day, things move on, if your custies dad went back far enough a blade and applicator would'nt be a traditional method, it'd be chamois and paper and goodness knows what, wfp is just the next move

everyone i've changed has been fine except 2 who cancelled 1 who worked from home said she didnt like the noise the brush made???????????? & 1 who no matter how much i explained about resin & filtering said that it was no cleaner than tap water & it still annoys me even though i've got 3 new ones to do this week off recommendations, mad eh

james, some people will not get it, it goes against natural logic that not drying off is unfinished, which is a fair enough thing to think. but once you've explained it, some still won't like the fact that the windows are wet. i've had a custy going on about it since i started, and i've agreed to compromise wfp tops, trad downs, she's convinced it does'nt work, but i know for a fact that hers come up flawless, pilkington glass, i could wash them with sewage water!

at the end of the day, things move on, if your custies dad went back far enough a blade and applicator would'nt be a traditional method, it'd be chamois and paper and goodness knows what, wfp is just the next move
Ahh pilkington glass, number 1 glass around /emoticons/wink.png But Yeah I still don't get some peoples logic at all, I mean, the windows are coming off near perfect and I had one customer tell me why am I soaking her house? I mean houses get soaked all the time... its called rain? But this rain causes your windows to be nice and clean, yet she still cancelled lol.

I'm currently working on a water fed pole fact sheet to hand out to my customers explaining what it does.

GUYS USE THIS: http://www.peterboroughwindowcleaning.co.uk/peterborough_window_cleaning_FAQ_s.html

It's absolutely fantastic & it explains everything the customer needs to know about WFP's and how you clean with them, I'm currently filing it down and re-wording it.

James.

i was going to do the letter/explanation thing, but after telling just 2 the whittling and what-not wore me out so i just did it without telling anyone. funnily enough one of them was the custy i mentioned, andthe next month i was due to start wfp they were'nt in, and time after said it left spots on kitchen window. thing was i did them trad cos i got delayed changing over! explained that and told them the marks were because of the foliage around the window and was the rain running off them. some folk just won't accept it mate

I dunno, I think I will try it and see how it goes, hopefully it may have some effect. Yes I see what your saying, I just wish they would! I know I will lose a few customers but people need to understand that the WFP will eventually take over so they might as well accept it now. Unfortunately I guess some people are just stuck in their ways.

James.

thing with this game is there either mad for it and love having a windy or there the type who gets a windy for the sake of it and moan and dont wanna pay lol.

thing with this game is there either mad for it and love having a windy or there the type who gets a windy for the sake of it and moan and dont wanna pay lol.
+1 for this, very true Garden A.D.E

Back