Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking To Add A Side Business To My Window Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

just seen a decent place for myself to setup a car wash ...decent place with plenty of scope and i know it can work so im on to it and if i get it im gonna work their on weekends and hire someone on weekdays /emoticons/smile.png

I know the landlord and hes willing to sort me out and knock the rent down for me a bit /emoticons/smile.png if i like it then its all mine at a low cost /emoticons/tongue.png

All i will need is a decent pressure washer as all the car washes down my area use pressure washers and they charge average 5-8 pound for in and out clean

In the mean time im stll aiming for my 200 customer mark for window cleaning. my aim was to have 200 customers in 1 year i now ahve around 175 and its been 10 months so its looking good /emoticons/smile.png

if i get this car wash im gonan link it up with my window cleaning business

put on my leaflets,flyers In association with ( my car wash ) and i will give customers a dicscount card to use my car wash get 40% off or something

and who ever gets their cars cleaned by me ill give them a voucher for my window cleaning business sayin 50% off /emoticons/smile.png

everything seem a lot cheaper up ur end!

our hand car wash places start at £5 outside only! upto £20-£30

So how much is the rent & business rates H?

Busy hand car washes around my area have at least 4-6 people working at any one time washing cars. :rolleyes:

What with the rent & business rates, wages etc then there is all the kit you need also consumables so don't think it going to be cheap to get started.

Do your homework and don't rush into signing a lease contract or you could lose every penny you've got and more....

h if u want more income ask all your customers if there want there windows cleaned every 3 weeks instead of 4 thought the summer .

you will be surprised what they say, remember years ago people got there windows cleaned every fortnight, some still do

never done car washing before /emoticons/tongue.png but i never done window cleaning before until i turned up at my first customers address lol

Also its very cheap up here but its still profitable by a good amount if your run things properly /emoticons/smile.png

Also am looking at about £12.00 per day.... wash 1/2 cars and ill earn that back /emoticons/smile.png

i reckon i can do 700 quid and build it up to over a grand a week /emoticons/smile.png

but ill be paying about 200 pound a week out in wages aswell but the more i earn the more wages ill be paying out as ill get more staff in

We had one at the back of our pub but they had to stop as the the landlords water rates went sky high plus there was no where proper for the water to run. It started at £5 a car & it was amazing what they do for a fiver. 5 people working there & you gotta have a lot of gear. Fair play H if it works but there's a lot to it.

everything seem a lot cheaper up ur end!
our hand car wash places start at £5 outside only! upto £20-£30
Same in my manor H,how you gonna make decent money.get my van cleaned in and out for £15 and they do a good job.they have a gang of blokes who knock these vehicles out and they got all kit.reckon about half hour and it's like a massive production line.good luck if you can make it work and make money.

h if u want more income ask all your customers if there want there windows cleaned every 3 weeks instead of 4 thought the summer .
you will be surprised what they say, remember years ago people got there windows cleaned every fortnight, some still do
im lookign for a lot of more income as my main target is still gaining 400 window cleaning customers

as i said 200 was my 12 month target /emoticons/smile.png

But i wouldnt mind another business to keep me going for the weekend... just gotta hire sum1 to do it while am not their /emoticons/smile.png its just gonna be a bit of pocket money for me /emoticons/smile.png

yeah ive seen car washes with several workers their aswell its amazing how they pay all their wages lol

but most people down here are regugees and they work for peanuts at the car washes all the car washes havea a owner and the owner never bes at the car wash hardly they just employ staff and thats it lol

the several people come out in the sun only cos thats when car washes end up being busy

a car wash that gets average 8 customers per day can get up to 50 car washes on busy sunny days cos when the sun comes out and its a heatwave and people are saying its hottest day of the year or something every 1 goes to the beach and gets the car washed lol

but in this weather its just steadyaway

the place am looking at isnt as big.... but u start of with 1 person and then build up /emoticons/smile.png

Pocket money H... You will be spending out a fortune each month so will need to wash a lot of cars just to break even. That is if the council even allows you to operate a hand car wash from that place :rolleyes:

im lookign for a lot of more income as my main target is still gaining 400 window cleaning customers
as i said 200 was my 12 month target /emoticons/smile.png

But i wouldnt mind another business to keep me going for the weekend... just gotta hire sum1 to do it while am not their /emoticons/smile.png its just gonna be a bit of pocket money for me /emoticons/smile.png

And all those refugees sticking the money in their pocket.

Round our way the proprietor is always there overseeing the operation as its no walk in the park.

Usually gangmasters run it and competition is much fierce than window cleaning where rival car washes have got burnt down.

i woudlnt hire any1 thats not a eligible to work lol

and yeah smurf but hopefully it all goes well and i can get it kicked off /emoticons/smile.png

i reckon i could easily do around 150 a day if i get it all signed up good and put all the signs out etc /emoticons/smile.png

on busy summer sunny days u can easily take over 200 /emoticons/smile.png as car washes are packed

so theirs sunny bonuses aswell /emoticons/tongue.png lol

i dont think u realise the trouble u can have taking on extra staff

your pubilic liaibillity insurance with triple

you will have to find staff that can be trusted when your not there, witch wont be easy.

i love your enthusiasm

hear me out

you have a van, you have free time to work, you have a 170 people customer base, you have a water tank in your van, you have pure water

how about mobile car valeting , no real set up cost as u have van tank and pure water, you could tell all your customer you now do car valeting,

if it starts to take off you could buy pressure washer and other bits over weeks,

no hassel of paying rent, no hassel of taking on staff that cant get out of bed in a morning,

here what i got off another local car valeting website for idears on prices

MINI VALET = £12

INTERIOR VALET = £20

OUTSIDE WASH = £15

ALLOYS = £5

ye i see i think if i get a place to wash cars it will put me of window cleaning... i might jsut concentrate 100% on the windows though im having second thoughts now /emoticons/mellow.png

Im with Ady on this, the way these car washes work now, they have it down to a military operation, lots of staff, car in and out in no time. Im thinking how tired one person would be on their own washing cars all day and the physical aspect of it. As poster said earlier up, maybe a mobile service?

You have to get planning permission you know, and the water company gets involved as well, you need an effluent "licence" from them.

I don't think many of the ones round here have got either. And the staff are all straight off UK Border Patrol

Latest Posts

Back