Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Pure water

Posh

had a feeling this q was coming ;) . tablets, i think i read have a limited success, can't remember, i'll see if i can dig it up if no one knows. but the best i'm sure is an ro and di or just di if the waters good enough

Guest badbusdriver

If bio carb tablets worked and were cost effective, they would already be widely used. I use water which is 60ppm out the tap, so di only works for me. 25 litre bag of resin will do me a little more than 3 months.

If bio carb tablets worked and were cost effective, they would already be widely used. I use water which is 60ppm out the tap, so di only works for me. 25 litre bag of resin will do me a little more than 3 months.

60ppm, you wanna swap houses? I'm nearly at 400 :/

James.

Guest badbusdriver

Might not be that effective when traveling costs taken into account James, as i am in north east scotland!. The water i use is my parents (that's why i worded it like that), they live 20 miles away, but as most of my round takes me near, or past them, it works out ok. Once i get into a bigger house with my own garden, i will set up a static system in a shed or garage. Tap water where i live is about 185ppm, so r/o would be needed. But still, thats a lot better than 400ppm, yikes!.

Nice, I'm looking at setting up a static system in my garage soon, can't have the ro and D.I. in my van forever, its just stupid. I'd love to have tap water at 60ppm then just running it through the D.I. woulsd make life that much simpler.

James.

Guest badbusdriver

A local window cleaner i know used to have a 1000ltr r/o set up in a renault master. After seeing how i managed to get away with a 500ltr tank by using a pump controller, and because his master was getting a bit long in the tooth, he replaced it with a vw transporter using a 650ltr tank. But he took the old 1000ltr system out and put it in his garage, bought a small r/o system off ebay (the one in the van had huge and expensive filters which needed replacing), and has been using it happily now for more than a year. Just uses a submersible pump to transfer it into his van.

Thats nice, I'm going to use what the firemen use, a bilge pump, can swap 500 litres from one tank to another in 10 minutes. I watched a windy mate of mine do it from his garage to his van and it was ridiculously fast!

Can't beat a static location to make your pure water and transfer it to your vehicle. At the moment my set up is ALL in my van and its ridiculous. Taking up for too much space and its all a liability when leaving the van open when doing work.

James.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.