Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What brush for solar panels

there are 2 main ones,

gardiners one that are nice and light or unger ones that have a little weight to them.

i use the unger ones as the extra weight helps when then are on the panel as you cant push down on them to scrub, so a lighter brush might take more effort to get any stubbon muck off

Hi rcproperty, the weight difference between brushes isn’t much in a lot of cases; compared to the applied pressure the operator puts through the brush when cleaning. Brush monofilament/bristles type is crucial, what-ever you use make sure the bristles are absorbent. Or be prepared to spend a lot longer cleaning.

Richard

the weight diffrence between the garniner and the ungur one is nearly twice, it is very have to apply pressure to a brush at that height, angle of pole, and when the brush is at the top ofthe panels and the pole will be resting on the the panels,

you need gravity to help with them.

unless you can get very close to them then you can use the apply more pressure,

but 99% of the time im doing them with a 42ft pole from the ground.

I know what you are saying, that’s why how the brush spreads on the glass or performs, bristle count or the amount of bristles a brush has, and in particular the type of bristles is crucial.

There are some really appalling brushes out there and some decent brushes as well. But you still have to select the right type of bristle/monofilament

Richard

I know what you are saying, that’s why how the brush spreads on the glass or performs, bristle count or the amount of bristles a brush has, and in particular the type of bristles is crucial.
There are some really appalling brushes out there and some decent brushes as well. But you still have to select the right type of bristle/monofilament

Richard
the one i use is the yellow ones from unger, lots of brissles on them, they are soft, but they are stiff at the same time if you know what i mean,

Not one of the worst brushes, some of the new brushes that are starting to come out by the big firms are improving. But I wouldn’t only continue to use this type of brush; there are much better alternatives depending on the level of clean. You will save time, water & energy – and make more money.

Richard

make enough with that brush, water saving is in the controller, tap and now my wireless switching controller can save more water!

to me the brush and the pole dont always make it all faster, its the person using the equipment,

you might get one bloke with the top poles and brushes he might only move his arms really slow,

yet another one with a harris pole and brush and move arms quicker,

the one moving faster will getthe job done quicker than the guy slowly moving.

hi lads was wondering what brush........

name and model would be nice advice lol

or size of brush and soft or firm brissels.

??????????????

I have pencil jets on mine never tried jets for solar panels I would not think it would make to much difference up there

Back