Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Used Di Resin Idea

D

DanC

Quick question, does anyone use old resin from a di and place the resin before the pre filters as an added bonus to bring the water quality down before it hits the pre filters and RO? Or do you think the resin will be to degraded by then to work? my ppm before any treatment is 240ppm so using old resin before the pre filters to bring the 240ppm down a tad? Anyone think this would work?

Can't see why not. Its similar to the two inline Di's and swapping them about.
Yeh thats what i thought, dunno how long the used resin would last though but its got to help? Or even use the used resin after the pre filters and before the RO, might have to give this a try, would extend the life of my 40inch RO surely?

Doesnt matter how long it last though. Even if it drops it to say 220ppm thats nearly 10% !

Doesnt matter how long it last though. Even if it drops it to say 220ppm thats nearly 10% !
Yeh, think im going to rig this up and see what happens, its got to help, i change my resin when it hits 3ppm so throwing away good stuff really.

I use twin di and when the ppm (from the 2nd di) starts going up the first di vessel is truly spent, the ppm is the same as when it goes in.

But if your using an ro then you'll be changing the resin different, so yeah that'd surely bring the ppm down but at that ppm it would last long.

What does it come out of your ro or 40/40 then? PPM wise?
It comes out at 15ppm after the RO and runs at 240 litres an hour, be interesting if it makes the RO not have to work so hard. might be useful running a flush with used resin too!

I use twin di and when the ppm (from the 2nd di) starts going up the first di vessel is truly spent, the ppm is the same as when it goes in.
But if your using an ro then you'll be changing the resin different, so yeah that'd surely bring the ppm down but at that ppm it would last long.
Yeh cant see it lasting long, might be worth a try though even if it just lasts a few days its got to help

If its coming out at 15ppm i would personally run two di's and do the whole swapping about.

Yeah and your getting the most out of your resin. It might be an idea though to use it before another resin. Like a small twin di. Does that make sense?

If its coming out at 15ppm i would personally run two di's and do the whole swapping about.
Yeh i already do that, i switch them about, but when the resin hits the 15ppm on first vessel i throw it away. i could stick the old 15ppm resin before the pre filters. that way bringing the 240ppm down before the filters.

Nuclear Grade lol thats well good /emoticons/ohmy.png
Should be for £5500 filled !!!!

When we got it two years ago it was producing pure water at the equivalent of -18PPM

Oh well, if i find an old cheap di vessel hanging about i might use the old resin as a flush helper then, like you say dont think used resin would last long at all.

I am sorting out our water production this year i cant remember his name. But a chap on here showed me pics on how to do twin 40/40

So the waste water from the first 40/40 goes into the second 40/40

Yeh i already do that, i switch them about, but when the resin hits the 15ppm on first vessel i throw it away. i could stick the old 15ppm resin before the pre filters. that way bringing the 240ppm down before the filters.
how old is your 40? thats only 93.7% if it isnt old you need to up the pressure for better production

Back