Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

I COULD'NT BELEIVE IT!

Guest joellynx75

Guest joellynx75

Here in Annan, Scotland, about a year ago, I was trying to expand my customers by posting flyers through letterboxes, on wy way home (ladders on shoulder) a car pulled up, wound his window down and asked "have you been canvasing on this road?), i said yes (obviously), he said "you should'nt canvas on other peoples patches, if people want you then they'll come and ask you, allright pal" with his pitbull looking dog half coming at me from the car window.

As a result, only today have I dared to canvass, this time on my own street.

freemarket at the end of the day, if you want to canvass, go for it. there's plenty of glass for us all, no such thing as patches, sometimes you might decline work cos you know it's done by someone else, but tnat's up to you.

Bully's never win Joel, I've had threats etc etc etc. But I'm now a big name in my town and they won't sink me because I have most of their customers :)

Never let ANYONE put you off doing your job, even if they have a Pitbull. Don't stand for it.

James.

Dog eat gog out there. I know windys that have canvassed on my patches. Long as you do a good job and is reliable as the weather let's you they will stick with you. In my experiance a regular window cleaner is hard to find as to many start in march and finish in September. Be regular and reasonable and they will stick. So go for it & as James says don't let the bullys put you off

Yeah I have had this sort of thing before, I just tell them that I work where I want, and am not interested in there unwritten laws, if they want to make threats, then they can deliver what they promise, they know where to find me, if not, pizz off.

I have never met anyone who had more than a big mouth, that was big enough to follow through with there threats. They might act like they are gangsters, but the truth is they are just rouges, people that get by in life by bullying people into giving them there way.

Guest JustWindowCleaning

If I saw a window cleaner canvassing, I'd tell them they're doing a great job and get their card. Never know when you need a good window cleaner to help out. As far as my customers, if I'm doing a good job then why worry. I'm not interested in doing a job if they want to try and haggle a price.

We know what we are worth. As regards the bully...well they will always exist, but he's obviously not doing a good job OR ripping customers off, otherwise why worry?

Keep up the good work joellynx, dropping off flyers and canvassing is not as easy as it seems!

jwc[/color]

If I saw a window cleaner canvassing, I'd tell them they're doing a great job and get their card. Never know when you need a good window cleaner to help out. As far as my customers, if I'm doing a good job then why worry. I'm not interested in doing a job if they want to try and haggle a price.

We know what we are worth. As regards the bully...well they will always exist, but he's obviously not doing a good job OR ripping customers off, otherwise why worry?

Keep up the good work joellynx, dropping off flyers and canvassing is not as easy as it seems!

jwc[/color]

I agree, keep the compe***ion close, you never know, you may end up doing some commercial work together.

James.

Guest ricoclay

I had that a couple of weeks ago where I was canvassing a road and this bloke was coming out of his parents and he was trad windy. We chatted for ages, had a cig and then swapped cards. We have swapped work since. Not all windys are nasty Swear word!s.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.