Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smurf

Cold Weather Pressure Washing

Smurf

Thought I would try cleaning this one today as temp was a barmy 2 c. :D

Even though it was bitterly cold with the wind chill I still managed to get it done as customer kept supplying me with hot drinks and cake :)

Before

[ATTACH]2171.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2172.IPB[/ATTACH]

During

[ATTACH]2174.IPB[/ATTACH]

After (still drying out)

[ATTACH]2173.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2175.IPB[/ATTACH]

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Ive got a job to do on friday but snows still laying around so think Ill need to put it off for atleats a week :(

Smurf

As long as it's above freezing I still work.

Example of a tarmac driveway I cleaned recently and yes a turbo is good for blasting ice too. :D

[ATTACH]2176.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2177.IPB[/ATTACH]

Guest OoO

Smurf how much is that pressure washer £ wise? And would it run a whirly thing?

mr shine

nice one smurf ,ive a few powerwashing jobs on this week so hopefully the weather dosent get any worse ,

Window Cleaner

is that the loncin 14 hp washer from terry at jetmac? what they like you had any prolems with it? i just ordered one from today

Smurf

Yes it is...brilliant bit of kit for the money. ;)

is that the loncin 14 hp washer from terry at jetmac? what they like you had any prolems with it? i just ordered one from today

Best ask Johnny as he has just bought an upgraded spec one so can tell you how much he paid.

To run fsc properly would say you would need at least a 21 lpm pump.

Smurf how much is that pressure washer £ wise? And would it run a whirly thing?

Smurf

Thanks lads, I'm out again tomorrow to do a driveway job fingers crossed that is if temp goes above 1 c

nice one smurf ,ive a few powerwashing jobs on this week so hopefully the weather dosent get any worse ,

Smurf = the king of pressure washing

Smurf

Forgot to mention I also borrowed the customers wheelie bin then just used my portable ballcock valve I made to stop it from overflowing. :D

[ATTACH]2188.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2190.IPB[/ATTACH]

Donny

Hope you charged em for cleaning out there bin an aw lol

johnny bravo

smurf on your ball **** set up, have you got it attached to the push fit connection which is used with the hosepipe to fill up the wheely bin, im going to try get a setup made to also use on a 210 litre water butt ,

Smurf

Yes it's just a standard hozelock type one which comes with insert that you will need.

HozelockTapConnector-medium.jpg

smurf on your ball **** set up, have you got it attached to the push fit connection which is used with the hosepipe to fill up the wheely bin, im going to try get a setup made to also use on a 210 litre water butt ,

Smurf

Was simple to use which save me the trouble of lugging my own wheelie bin about

[ATTACH]2208.IPB[/ATTACH]

I just gave it a good clean afterwards as I always clean up any mess I make and with block paving is a very messy job indeed.

WJCN64

Why do you use a wheely bin? And not plug into tap? Im not that experianced it myself...

johnny bravo

does youy ball **** staying on because bin lid keeps it stable, or is it locked onto ridge of bin

Smurf

The one nut you just adjust so fits onto the lip and the other nut again you adjust to fit snug with the lid. Even the chap commented today how ingenuous the ballcock valve was. He was very impressed indeed & even gave a nice £10 tip to boot :)

Another few pics of a job I did today again borrowed the customer wheelie bin also the temp was between 1 & 2 c so with wind chill was bittery cold. :D

[ATTACH]2210.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2211.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2213.IPB[/ATTACH]

After (still drying out)

[ATTACH]2214.IPB[/ATTACH]

Gmeister

I guess once a patio or driveway has been clean it drys quicker then when it was dirty?

Smurf

Because a pressure washer pump 15 lpm or larger demands more water than a tap can provide so you need to use a buffer tank to keep the washer working at full presure/flow rate as it sucks water out of it

Why do you use a wheely bin? And not plug into tap? Im not that experianced it myself...

johnny bravo

are you the only person with a pressure washer doing driveways in your area smurf, lucky you. are these all done just with turbo smurf.

Smurf

I wouldn't know to be honest as I just clean them...Thanks ;)

I guess once a patio or driveway has been clean it drys quicker then when it was dirty?

Nice job there Smurf! :)

Smurf

No as there about another dozen jet washing companies I know of doing the same around my area.

Yes with block paving I've found using a turbo is the best way to deep clean them properly.

are you the only person with a pressure washer doing driveways in your area smurf, lucky you. are these all done just with turbo smurf.

johnny bravo

I am letting my pressure washer out this weekend to do a job, please get lost cold weather. pics hopefully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.