Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik 2000 Or Viro-Sol?

ive tried both and prefer ubix as i find it whitens the pvc better than viro sol ,both are made by the clover chemicals and i asked my supplier which was the stonger degreaser and he said that ubix has a higher ph content. but its down to personal preference so try both and you decide .

ive tried both and prefer ubix as i find it whitens the pvc better than viro sol ,both are made by the clover chemicals and i asked my supplier which was the stonger degreaser and he said that ubix has a higher ph content. but its down to personal preference so try both and you decide .
0.1PH higher to be exact.

Had no problems with virosol, but ubik is very strong when neat!

UBIK is far better if used correctly !

Ive just bought some. Ill give it a go and see how the compare

damo where can i buy ubik 2000 from ? thats cheap ?

give me a cheap website except ebay ? thanks

Cheapest i have found is cleaningspot.co.uk

If you make up the order to £45 you get free postage.

But without its £7 for 5L then £5 postage /emoticons/sad.png

You have got to be very careful using ubik neat as can discolour white plastic & plastic conservatory roofs too. Once stained it does not come off :rolleyes:

You have got to be very careful using ubik neat as can discolour white plastic & plastic conservatory roofs too. Once stained it does not come off :rolleyes:
Yep i gathered that /emoticons/biggrin.png

It actually stains glass I have noticed. Luckily i managed to test out some on some blown units.

It does indeed if you let it dry or you don't rinse it off properly :rolleyes:

Virosol will do the same too /emoticons/biggrin.png

It actually stains glass I have noticed. Luckily i managed to test out some on some blown units.

I'm just about to run out of virosol so I may try ubik next, I've never used virosol neat and have never needed to yet, don't think I fancy explaining why someone's conservatory has turned orange haha!!

The first time I cleaned black PVC guttering a fascia with virosol approx 6water 1 viro, and it looked like it faded it slightly, so won't use it again on black or brown PVC..

Back