Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

:( Some Ppl

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

cant believe today. i had a new customer who kept putting me off last month so i said look ill be round next month ~( today ) monday night i reminded her im round today in advance so she couldnt give me the ohhh but.... mmmm i cant afford it treatment. she said thats fine see you thursday. so i pull up and theres water all over the floor and her windows are dripping wet. i though well it aint rained wots happened here, i unload my van to get started and she comes out and said no dont bother i cant wait forever for you, i wanted them done last month but you got funny with me. i never got funny with her, she said dont come tomora i cant afford it so i said owe me next time i dont mind this once and she said no come next week please. i went to go the second time she said im not well, i said its ok lay down i can do them without you here and she said come next month ( today.) i said didnt you see in my terms and conditions is says please contact within 48 hours to cancel unless you went to hospital or someone in the family died. and it says min 3 cleans and if you cancel after 1 or 2 cleans its classed as a one off clean charge. she said well ok then if you wanna be like that my long lost uncle pegged it last night and shut the door in my face :angry: i text her saying what she did was low and she said i nice young man did them for half my price. i said what five quid to clean all your windows ( 13 ) and she said yes. what did he use tap water lol :lol:

Nightmare mate customers like that who needs them , we all get them though i just get rid of them not worth the astleeeeee :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

U shud of tuk her off first tym around mate.... I was very strict when i had under 100 customers i couldnt afford to be messed about so i had to be strict , when u get over 150 customers thats when u can lay back a little,, be strict until u grt 150 customers mate

Go on your round n take the **** customers off now , i once had 80 customers and i toke 9 customers off so i was left with 71 but they were all good customers /emoticons/smile.png

Can't stand customers like this, if that lad is soft enough to clean that house for a fiver let him have it, wont be long and you will have a phone call

yano what i looked down my list, ok i have some BIG paying homes i do let slip coz they make up most my money, i just realised if one of them says cancel i take a 40-50 quid drop. i need more 10 quid homes then if i lose one i wont hardly notice the drop. trouble just follows me but it makes me stronger and i wont be soft no more. 90% are good payers but soon as one starts straying you know whats coming and see the signs i think. tomora ill drop more fliers off and then next week follow up with a nice knock on the door. see i can only clean an area when im there, one week i could be 20 miles the other direction and ppl dont understand that if you go clean there windows when they want it done you make a loss in theory. i have set weeks for set areas, i always start the day the furthest point away from home and work my way in.

I had on last night. I've been cleaning for her for about 10 years. I texted her saying I'd be along tomorrow. She has been putting me off on and off for about 6 months. She sent a £10 at Xmas, so I let it go (I was going to drop her). Anyway she texted back a few hours later saying her husband has bought some window cleaning gear and he will do them as it will give him something to do! She also said she'd be in touch if he got fed up with doing them. If she texts I'm just going to ignore it. It p¡ssed me off a touch.

I had on last night. I've been cleaning for her for about 10 years. I texted her saying I'd be along tomorrow. She has been putting me off on and off for about 6 months. She sent a £10 at Xmas, so I let it go (I was going to drop her). Anyway she texted back a few hours later saying her husband has bought some window cleaning gear and he will do them as it will give him something to do! She also said she'd be in touch if he got fed up with doing them. If she texts I'm just going to ignore it. It p¡ssed me off a touch.
i kno what you mean, i dont care if they cancel coz they got cash flow problems, i understand that as we all get cash flow now and then. But why cant they say i cant afford it no more. NOPE they wait till u get there and tell you. i got rid of 6 this week now. so the customers i gained last month were a waste of time coz im back to square one. i got a ace up my sleeve tho hehehe

how?? hope you charged him a one off clean mate. i set rules, min 3 cleans and if they cancel i charge for a one off clean.

I was cleaning a new customers house when the guy from next door come out and asked if I could give him a price to do his house as the window cleaner he hadnt been sice november so I give him a price of £13 for the house and conney so he was happy with that so went and done it so when I finished I knocked on the door and he come out and said you haven't cleaned my fascia's lol I said what you mean and he said well my last window cleaner done all you what you have done and my fascias for a tenner so I said theres no way I would do that for 13then he said to me ok dont do them again lol I just laught and walked off

lol I know mate some people just think us window cleaners are so desperate for my we would clean any thing for a few pound

personally i dont get to much people messing about... but u just gotta get the right customers /emoticons/smile.png look at how your gaining your customers...

What customers are your bad customers ?

The ones u got thru door knocking ?

Got recommended by 1 of your customers ?

leaflet drop ?

lol I know mate some people just think us window cleaners are so desperate for my we would clean any thing for a few pound
thats true lol

I have 2 in the same flat that are nightmare, I can get to the windows any time but they HAVE to be at the flat and it HAS to be a saturday... and when I cleaned the friday they went mental.. for £8 and £6 and they said they where thinking of leaving me because I needed to be reliable and clean on that day for them.

stuff that this is there last clean (I like taking their money) and then I am dropping them.

I hate customers trying to dictate when and how you clean there windows any of that nonsense and they gone this is my business and I decide

customers who want u to come and clean the windows are crazy... ive had a few people ask me before i say to them i come when im in the area and ill clean then i say dont wory ill put a card thru ya door wen u been... i remember 1 women saying this... and after 1 clean they cancelled me lol

lol I was on one of my rounds a few weeks ago and this guy come on to me and asked if I could fix his down pipe which I told when I finish ill take a look then he turned to me and said cheers I thought it would b worth a fiver for you lol

Some old boy asked me to quote his windows as his current window cleaner doesn't clean the sills or do a good job, I quoted him £2 more and he said no too expensive, well what did the prat expect, no wonder his current one does a **** job.

Back