Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Book Keeping Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

j4star.f

I have only been running a few month and looking about recording money coming in. do I have to record my rounds sepratly each month or just the total at the end of the month. hope someone can advise

I run off receipts for each customer im due to do work for each day, using my wcp system. I file them away and at the end of the year i give them to my accountant to sort my taxes out.

Keep a simple record of your income and expenses on Excel. Dead easy.

Reckon you should have your cleans and income listed using a column for each day. Maybe highlight who has paid so you see straight away your debtors.

It is good practice to keep good records of money coming in and going out. The inland revenue only request your gross and expenses. From this you can work out your profit and tax you are liable for. If you want something simple to record your income and expenses keep track of customers and know when jobs are due have a look at roundpartner

Roundpartner has one major negative factor! Its a monthly subscription & not a one off payment programme, which puts many people off immediately!

Roundpartner has one major negative factor! Its a monthly subscription & not a one off payment programme, which puts many people off immediately!
It did put me off yea, I don't like commitment and so went straight for George and it suits me although, I haven't actually registered it yet to be honest and am still in the valuation period.
Mart.

Is Aworka not on a monthly subscription.

When was the last time George or wcp got an update.

How do you pay for your internet? most pay monthly as do most of your customers so I can't see where commitment comes into it. There is no contract and you are free to quit using when ever it suits you.

Is Aworka not on a monthly subscription.

When was the last time George or wcp got an update.

How do you pay for your internet? most pay monthly as do most of your customers so I can't see where commitment comes into it. There is no contract and you are free to quit using when ever it suits you.
Yea, I didn't mean to make it sound so blunt mate, it's just that, well, it wasn't that I was put off by the subscription to your program or any of the others but, more that I was drawn to George because it didn't require subscription. I understand your points but, internet bills etc are different basically because no-one offers anything better...for example, if we could pay a one off payment of say £1000 for internet that lasted for life or, until it becomes too dated, most of us would.
Software is different and I wouldn't pay for any game that required monthly payments rather than a one off payment, we tend to buy software rather than hire or rent it. Yours could be the absolute best out there I simply wouldn't know. My choice was made purely on the points made above. It's part of my tools and so I don't mind buying it but, only once. I bought my ladders, I wouldn't rent them for 2 quid a week and with time, I might need to buy new and the same could be said for my software and maybe when that time comes, there will be a brand new version of George and I'd probably buy it, aslong as it offered a completely re-worked GUI or code etc.....I simply wouldn't pay for an update.

I also understand that other software might allow me to control everything via a phone while on my round but for now, that doesn't interest me in the slightest. I don't even need to print a joblist for my round although I do for record keeping reasons. Having messed with computers since the 80's, I've written many programs myself for various reasons over the years although, BASIC and just the slightest knowledge of C++ has limited me these days otherwise, I probably would have tried to write a simular thing to George myself for my own purposes although....maybe I could sell it as Mart-lLite and then, maybe release a version Mart-Pro, offering the sort of features those that like to wire themselves up to their Iphones may require. Have you considered releasing a basic no-frills version of your software yourself ?

Mart.

Your remark wasn't blunt, I can see your points. I have nothing against George and think is a good piece of software. I remember BASIC on the good old ZX spectrum and BBC acorn. What you could do with 48 k and less.

Yes we will be releasing a lite version of RoundPartner,

Thank Mart for giving an honest view

16K Atari 600XL for me lol, I loved it, it had sprites and a 4 voice sound chip /emoticons/smile.png I say 16K but, around 3 or 4K of that was used for the interpreter etc so, you really only had bout 12 if I remember correctly.

I've programmed the Spectrum, BBC, Amstrad cpc, the Dragon 32 and 64, the Oric one and Atmos etc etc, all via shops such as Dixons/Currys etc...I used to spend most of my days as a youth running from shop to shop and programming the on-display setup's they had until they kicked me out. That was rare though, majority of them didn't mind me being there and I remember the once, Radio rentals kicked all of the kids out of their shop but, told me I could stay lol....ah the good old days /emoticons/smile.png

Amos on the Amiga was the last time I wrote from scratch, but my last experience was adapting the quake2 source code(C++) as I ran a game server for 7 years. That was mainly learning from tutorials and adding my own lines in the loop though as there was quite a big community for Quake C a few years back thanks to John Carmacks devotion.

Anyway, I'm waffling...it's just that as a kid, I thought I'd end up writing programs for a living but instead....I became a window cleaner /emoticons/smile.png

If you need a tester for your lite version, giz a shout. ;-)

Cheers....

Mart.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience you could probably learn object c really fast

I wanted to work for code masters when I was 12 remember the 1:99 tapes.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience you could probably learn object c really fast

I wanted to work for code masters when I was 12 remember the 1:99 tapes.
I do mate yes, there was also another one 'Mastertronic', they made great games for 1.99 too. Back to Codemasters though, the Dizzy series was one of my favourites of all time, yes you played an egg shaped character but, one you got over that, the games were fantastic.....graphic adventures as they were known then, as opposed to the text adventures which started it all infact, I wrote many text adventures as I just loved floating variables around my code and just loved when I'd drop an object in a given location and it would still be there when I checked later....ah, I actually loved error checking/debugging /emoticons/smile.pngOne of my most demanding achievements was writing a text adventure which you control and switch between, two characters which of course meant, handling variables between the two which was very challenging ;-)

Do you remember a game called Minder, based on the tv series ?

http://www.minder.org/mindplay/mindgame.htm

I loved it so much, I tried to rewrite it in Amos on the Amiga....it was going well but, I got stuck in the graphical department....art was never my thing lol.

Mart.

Ha yes I remember Dizzy. My favourite is Elite, I have a version for Linux that I play from time to time. We should start a thread about retro games and old skool programming

Back