Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing Increase

Doo

Done my least fav run tues/wed this week told all custys that as of next month I'm adding a £1 to the cleans all seemed fine with it :biggrin:

I was a bit concerned as this was the first time I had done this but it has given me confidence to do it with my other runs in the future .

Is £1 the normal increase most guys use ?

Stephen

You are a braver man than me in this financial climate but if you don't ask you don't get. Nice one :smile:

1 pound is about right any less and not worth increasing. Trouble with my round some could do with being 3 or 4 pound more but don't think they would take that but they were priced badly when I bought round.

Yeah I do £1 to(that's if I put price up)

I know window cleaners ask for 50p increase, and most custies are fine but am not gonna bother with 50ps only time I get 50ps is when people pay me 6 quid with pound coins and 50ps lol

1 pound is about right any less and not worth increasing. Trouble with my round some could do with being 3 or 4 pound more but don't think they would take that but they were priced badly when I bought round.
Ditto mate , totally under priced still is to be fair , I know another trad guy with 3 employees is taking £2 more than me in the same estate

oh yes you soon get used going for fuel with shrapnel love it to bits when you say " put your hands out

nothing worse under pricing done one today badly .

must drop it or put it up by £5

50P is about right, or 4-5% once you get over ten quid. The thing I've found out with price increases is that you've got to be prepared to lose the customer, if you're OK with that then go ahead.

if your not putting them up all the time i"m sure customers dont mind the increase

yeh your right you could also loose them i"d rather take the gamble and put them up than them being under priced

Everything increases in price, so it costs more to live hence why price increase is part and parcel of running your business.

If you loose a customer or two so what your price increase will more than cover them & who needs customers like that anyway .

Back