Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaflets...

CW90

Hi am new here. Have not long started my own commercial cleaning company. Want to try and grow by getting some domestic window cleaning work to help with cash flow etc :smile:

Have had a quick go at putting a flyer together :

5679659a-1790-4eb4-ac58-75d080e54c1e_zpsadbdaa21.jpg

What do you think? Is there anything I can do to make it better? Less text? Don't really want to put photo's or anything on it, want to try and keep it simple if am being honest.

Thanks for any help or criticism. And sorry if it's not in the right section.

Hi CW, yea I think its ok, think a couple of pics might enhance it a little, need to change spelling of company at top my friend.

Personally I think it reminds me of a rainy day. Maybe a bit of sunshine instead of gloomy looking. If you get what I mean. The water on the grey back looks like English day, didn't get me going. With flyers its Attention, Information, Deal, Action. If you do these four things you should be fine.

Most people work for others and need to be told what to do. Lol.

Good luck with the new business, there is someone called dodger on here could probably sort you out.

Hi CW, yea I think its ok, think a couple of pics might enhance it a little, need to change spelling of company at top my friend.

Main problem is am just starting out so don't have any of my own photo's that I could use....

I have changed it on my copy, just uploaded before I changed it :laugh:

To much text and ill in the same colour

Business name

Slogan

Services

Offers / promotion

Phone number and website

Maybe your logo or 1-2 pictures? saome where on there too

Main problem is am just starting out so don't have any of my own photo's that I could use....

I have changed it on my copy, just uploaded before I changed it :laugh:
What pictures do you need I have some you can use

Thanks guys.

This is going to be the front/other side of my leaflet by to way :

Frontflyer_zps3f2d6e98.png

As for offers when I get customers am going to start an offer, that if they refer me to someone and I get work they will get there next clean done for free. And don't really want to put that on the leaflet trying to get new customers, as will be handing them out to every house near them. So gives a chance for the ones that want there windows cleaned, to talk to their neighbours, friends, family etc. That might have just thrown the leaflet in the bin. So will hopefully get some more work. If that makes sense? But still not sure if I should put that on the leaflet....

Am not sure about the back ground. I quite like it, but I know what you are saying. Tried a few different ones and this one worked the best so you would still read the text and didn't look to over the top, in my opinion.

CW have you had a mooch about to see what the competition are doing? before you offer anything?

Well that's the thing, where I stay there are no companies doing window cleaning that I know of. And the 1 or 2 people that do it are just guys with a bucket and a ladder that have been doing the same house for years. And we haven't had a window cleaning leaflet through the door in a few years either. So not really anyone offering any deals as such.

Which could either be a good thing or a bad thing :laugh:. Other thing that I really need to think is price. Was think from £7-9 for a semi detected house with around 7 windows

Im just thinking CW, if theres not much competition and your saying that you havent seen any leaflets around, not sure if I would go in with an offer immediately, would go in at your normal prices initially, which I have no idea about (pricing that is)

To much text and ill in the same colour

Business name

Slogan

Services

Offers / promotion

Phone number and website

Maybe your logo or 1-2 pictures? saome where on there too
Keep it simple,like this and I wouldn't bother with an offer or trying to knock opposition as some people don't like this.if there not happy with window cleaner then I'm sure your leaflet will jog them on.as for man and a bucket he still could be doing good job.ive done marketing and you need a good USP.

I'd been cleaning windows for 10 years before going self employed and knew what to put and could guarantee top job unlike a rival who just got a wfp and decided to clean windows.

And I've had a wfp since self employed.All about the USP.

Keep it simple,like this and I wouldn't bother with an offer or trying to knock opposition as some people don't like this.if there not happy with window cleaner then I'm sure your leaflet will jog them on.as for man and a bucket he still could be doing good job.ive done marketing and you need a good USP.

I'd been cleaning windows for 10 years before going self employed and knew what to put and could guarantee top job unlike a rival who just got a wfp and decided to clean windows.

And I've had a wfp since self employed.All about the USP.
So my leaflet is ok then? Think I have all of the points, but might have a wee bit to much text?

I didn't mean the man and the bucket comment to come across bad. Just meant there are no companies that I know of doing window clean, just a few guys doing it by themselves. Where I think a better presented company might be more appealing to people? Also not wanting to under cut anyone to get the job.

I have good experience using trad, but makes more sense going for a wfp for ease and speed really? Am also a perfectionist so wont leave a job till am 100% happy with it, even if I need to spend a lot more time there.

Hi am new here. Have not long started my own commercial cleaning company. Want to try and grow by getting some domestic window cleaning work to help with cash flow etc :smile:
Have had a quick go at putting a flyer together :

5679659a-1790-4eb4-ac58-75d080e54c1e_zpsadbdaa21.jpg

What do you think? Is there anything I can do to make it better? Less text? Don't really want to put photo's or anything on it, want to try and keep it simple if am being honest.

Thanks for any help or criticism. And sorry if it's not in the right section.
Spelling mistake? 'Look no further then'. Should it not read 'Look no further than'?

Sorry guys & gals but at the end of the day it's just a leaflet. I still say if people want a windie they will not be worried what the leaflet looks like.

Yea it is Posh, its a funny old job. Its with all sales, you may not want it unless you see something under your nose, it would be a really long complicated topic - what makes people buy, need, want. I wouldnt even want to get into the human head of how people work. I think with stuff like this, probably need to lay on Frasiers couch (anyone watch it)

So my leaflet is ok then? Think I have all of the points, but might have a wee bit to much text?

I didn't mean the man and the bucket comment to come across bad. Just meant there are no companies that I know of doing window clean, just a few guys doing it by themselves. Where I think a better presented company might be more appealing to people? Also not wanting to under cut anyone to get the job.

I have good experience using trad, but makes more sense going for a wfp for ease and speed really? Am also a perfectionist so wont leave a job till am 100% happy with it, even if I need to spend a lot more time there.
Then you will do well mate,just remember most end up in bin.i posted 10,000 and got a good return,just kept it simple,good luck mate.

Back