Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google Front Page

Andy

Hi on the front page of google after typing in window cleaner theres a couple of adverts in yellow box under that theres another 3 www. sites then there is a row of 6 or 7 window cleaner adds and they are all google + pages does anyone know what these are please.

Thanks

Think your talking about Google AdWords Express.

Basically you pay for how any clicks you get on your link and can from like £1 up to £10 I think after having a quick look into it. But basically the more clicks you get the more you pay.

Hi Andy,

The ones in the yellow box are Google AdWords as CW90 pointed out and they do cost you. However, I think the ones you are referring to are probably the local search results? After a few normal results you then get a list of about 10 results that only take up the left half of the page and on the right of the page is a map ... is that the ones you mean?

They used to be called Google Place Pages, but then when Google launched it's own social network to compete with Facebook it incorporated Place Pages and so now each Google Place has a Google Plus Page to go with it. A lot of these have already been set up automatically based on Google's existing knowledge of local businesses, but the information on there is just what Google finds automatically and is not always accurate. If you find that your business is already listed, you can just "claim" it and then correct any wrong information and keep it updated. If you're not on there already, you can sign up for a free page.

The benefit of these is that they appear high in "Local Search" results ... which is obviously good for a window cleaner. Most people won't just be searching "window cleaner" they will search for something like "window cleaner Wrexham" ... and if your business has a Place page and appears on the map near Wrexham, Google knows to put you up on the "Local Search" then.

To get more info and to find out how to sign up, check out this page: www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/index.html

(Tried editing link to make it clickable but doesn't seem to be working. And the text was getting shortened so it just had a "..." in the middle. Anyway, think I've sorted it so it displays properly now even if it's not clickable so can copy and paste it into the address bar. I hope!)

IV checked it out i filled out one of those buissnes forms a while ago. Google sent me the code through the post and i verified it, that must have been a couple of weeks ago, how long before it shows up on the google page.

just building a round from scratch so patience is my middle name lol. Iv found this site to be a great help and a wealth of information just reading all the diffrent posts.

Thanks All

just building a round from scratch so patience is my middle name lol. Iv found this site to be a great help and a wealth of information just reading all the diffrent posts.
Thanks All
Too true mate, help and tips I've got from the guys and girls around here have been invaluable.

IV checked it out i filled out one of those buissnes forms a while ago. Google sent me the code through the post and i verified it, that must have been a couple of weeks ago, how long before it shows up on the google page.
If you've already been waiting a few weeks, remember that all you are seeing on the main Search Results page is the TOP TEN map search results inserted in with all the rest of the web results.

After doing a search, at the top of the page, where it says "Web | Images | Maps | Shopping | More | Search Tools" click the "Maps" link. Now at the bottom of the page you'll get a < 1 2 3 4 5 > that let's you view other local search results that are lower down the list. You may find that you are already appearing in the list somewhere, just not high enough to show up on the first page.

You can do SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) on your Google Page like you do on a website to make it perform better. So login and keep it updated, add as much information as you can and make sure you include key words and phrases in your descriptions and titles. That will help you appear higher and sooner.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock