Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Been Given A Under Priced Round

David@Aqua

Hi All

I have been given a well under priced round, been out giving out the bad news to customers that there window cleaner has given up and passed it over to me, they have had this round and never put there price up some jobs need to be double the price they are now.

Not had a bad response some custys are complaining and some are giving me abuse and looking at me like i am there to rob them

The work that was given to me was worth 2000 pound between 2 of them and i told them it should of been worth 4000

Any one else tried to pick up a failing window cleaning business with well under prices?

This cements my opinion on buying large rounds.

If your going to buy a round just get a small one as always risky.

I really hope it works out for you mate.

I bought an under priced one before. The cleaner never did a good job. I cleaned 4 times then put the prices up. While cleaning it a though we picked up a lot of houses. These were priced correctly. They still need to go up again to be on par with same houses in different areas. Ill need to wait till next year for that though.

Id just put them up mate if you lose some you lose them its not cost ya anything so you got nothing to lose .

Even in the extreme of you lose % 50 of customers you will still be earning the same amount but working less .

Its all about what your earning not how many customers you service .

Well said :wink:

Id just put them up mate if you lose some you lose them its not cost ya anything so you got nothing to lose .

Even in the extreme of you lose % 50 of customers you will still be earning the same amount but working less .

Its all about what your earning not how many customers you service .

Christ...I wish someone would give me 2 grand's worth of work lol.

It would be interesting to know abit more about this round mate....is it 4 weekly...what's the average price of a 3 bed semi and, what area is it located ?

Mart.

i was offered a round couple of years back

140 house £345, worth a month, lad said it tuc 2 of them 4 days to do the work.

4 full days x 2men =345.00 total ha ha i didnt buy it, even if it was only £400

some work u wouldnt want giving,

I'd have no complaints if I was given £2,000 worth of work ... put the prices up, you keep some, you lose some, either way you're onto a winner.

Why would someone give £2000 worth of work away?

Alarms bells would start ringing for sure

yeah it was a bonus for me, It is a mate who i have known for a long time he has had this round for 7 years and not put any prices up, He has run it in to the ground and was just going to give it up, I got in touch with him and started going round all the houses some of them are 7 pound for a 3 bed semi with a conny i am charging 10 without, 12 with extension ,15 with conny. I am getting looked at like i am robbing them, some people who are un happy with the price increase are saying they made a living you are taking the **** the fact is they was not making money and had to find full time employment to make ends meet. I have been round enough now and i am fed up with chasing the rest if they want there windows cleaned they will ring me now.

I am well glad i never paid for this round and has been stressful it is much better building your own round.

I just dont want a load of his customers giving me a bad name because of the price increase, 1 house was 3 pound tops only i wouldnt get my ladders of the car for less than double that. North Lancashire area

I have never bought and would never buy a run, I have always built my own. Not saying either way is wrong, just my personal preference.

When I was in England I was given some customers by a fellow window cleaner. He had told me he was too busy to do them, so he just passed them on to me. The strange thing was that he still had customers in the same area, but even stranger was that without exception, they all turned out to be excellent customers.

John

i get a few jobs off a mate they are always low priced - he is known for it - so i take a knock first few cleans converting to wfp etc but gradually put the prices up & it works out ok

here's one i just got - well there's a few nearby- he just did the double bay - 6 windows - guess how much

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=44+Aynam+Rd,+Kendal,+UK&hl=en&ll=54.319227,-2.737312&spn=0.041301,0.111494&sll=54.322236,-2.742498&layer=c&cbp=13,172.93,,0,-9.61&cbll=54.3223,-2.742654&hnear=44+Aynam+Rd,+Kendal+LA9+7DW,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=14&panoid=jM9dLxBjf9VSgtaXoRKIWA

Back