Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where To Start?

CW90

Hi, just doing a bit of research into how much it's going to cost to get a half decent wfp system. Got all the trad stuff but think it's time to look in to getting a wfp.

What's the best road to go down? Trolley or backpack? Am leaning more towards the trolley as I think it would be easier for me. But looking for people experiences :smile:

Also are you better buying a 'starter' kit off the shelf or are you better building one yourself like this

And getting more for your money? For off the shelve stuff does anyone have any recommendations on what to look at?
Also poles and brushes. Have read up a lot about these, but seems to be quite a lot of mixed reviews on certain things. Anyone got any recommendations?

Not really got a budget just looking to get the best for my money. And have found from past experiences that most expensive stuff isn't.

Thanks for any help or advice :smile:

backpack on a trolly is the best option imho. i still use one today. i also have a van system but thats more a backup route.

I been wfp for 4-5 weeks now and use a big boy back pack ( window cleaning warehouse )

put this on a cheap caravaning trolley and bungee on or carry sometimes

bought backpack with a pole set up as a complete package about £250 just add pure water

brush was a bit naff so just added a lovely flocked dt gardiner brush ( pure quality )

pole works well (22ft facelift hybrid) however only pole i have ever used & for my round i kinda wish i'd gone longer, say 30ft

depends on your water tds level as to how you purify water

for ease u can just get di vessel & resin but may work out expensive (i now run twin di to utilise resin to the max)

i carry water in my car in 25ltr barrels & top up backpack as needed

i kinda only use wfp on upstairs & trad downstairs

would hazard a guess whatever route u go down u will find pro's and cons, & diff things that u will undoubtably have to tweak

good look in your chosen foray

ade i think facelift are bringing extra sections out for our facelift poles. i have the same pole as you and i wish i had gone one section more.

Thanks guys. Yeah I have been looking at the bag packs and seems like a good place to start. Or just build my own one as I have a bit of spare time just now.

As for poles what sort of length would I be best to get? I have measured it out and 25ft should be more then enough. But would bee it to reach 3 up, so might be safer going with a 30ft one?

Is the flocked dt gardiner brush, a good brush to get?

tbh all you need is a backpack pump thats 40psi, put it in a box with a backpack battery that you can get from screw fix for bout 9 quid. then some hose and use 25L barrels. i used my van system today for second time ever.

Thanks for the help guys. Have decided to go for the backpack offer to get me started.

Heard to unger brush that comes with it isn't the best, is that true? Or will it do to get me started?

And sorry for the stupid question but what is dt mono filimeant? Am new to all this

Thanks guys. Yeah I have been looking at the bag packs and seems like a good place to start. Or just build my own one as I have a bit of spare time just now.

As for poles what sort of length would I be best to get? I have measured it out and 25ft should be more then enough. But would bee it to reach 3 up, so might be safer going with a 30ft one?

Is the flocked dt gardiner brush, a good brush to get?
I've got a gardiner extreme 25 pole with a 5ft extension taking it to 30ft. That gives me 35ft when I have my arms extended.I've heard 25ft will see out 3 story work, but I think 30 is the way to go.

Go on the Gardiners web site and check out their Youtube vids.

Lots of info on their, good section on brushes, mono and flocked bristles explained.

HTH.

rs2315.

Have had a look at the burshes.

Is this the ones you guys are talking about?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/The-Super-Lite--Brush-Dual-Trim-Flocked-Standard-Splay-BRUSH_YELLOW.html

or

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-super-lite-brush-dual-trim-medium-mixed-bristles.html

or

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-super-lite-brush-dual-trim-flocked-standard-splay.html

There is so much choice when your just starting out! Also what's better in general, pencil or fan jets? :Image11:

Thanks for the help guy!

Sorry guys, I might be being stupid but your links don't work for me I can't open then....

Thanks for the tip about the jet.

Just do My Windows. Thanks, looks like the best one to get from the video as well.

yeh its an ok brush, i have another brush but the brissles kept getting stuck in the windows so thats why i use this brush now, had it 2 yrs.

Thanks mate. Looks like am all sorted now for the kit.

Just need to wait on my tds meter arriving, so I can workout if a better getting an Ro or Di setup. But am in Scotland, which from what I understand is meant to have ppm to start with then England? So might be away with a few Di's

every where has ppm mate. parts per million where i live changes from 240-290 at differernt times of day. i think you may get away with twin di's in scotland. be cheaper tho if you just got a 350gpd ro unit then used that. i collect rain water which comes out at 004ppm, that goes in my vans tank and then i push that rain water though an 11L di. rain water ppm is way lower than a ro unit so the resin lasts that little longer.

Yeah we are looking into the links issue /emoticons/sad.png

Scotland will be soft or softer water.

We have a PPM map pinned in this section. But can't remember if anybody from

Scotland is on it lol.

ade i think facelift are bringing extra sections out for our facelift poles. i have the same pole as you and i wish i had gone one section more.
That would be great JDMW if i could add another section to my pole, might have to speak to the peeps at the WCW

Back