Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Systems

Yes mate, be good for first cleans, and good for the cold weather!!

Smurf posted a pic a while ago, looked like he used a portable heater for his PVC jobs. Would be a good idea

Yes mate, be good for first cleans, and good for the cold weather!!

Smurf posted a pic a while ago, looked like he used a portable heater for his PVC jobs. Would be a good idea
What were you looking at getting? DIY one or the proper one with the vent etc on it?

Would reccommend the L5 if you are going down the diy route.

been using mine non stop since november, makes quick work of conservatory roofs, cladding and 1st cleans!

Diesel with recirculating system and frost stat for cold weather protection. Go with your budget. I got lucky enough with my heat wave. Hot water cleans better and quicker. I am putting another diesel one in van number 2 in a couple of months. You can tell the difference remarkably if you don't turn the heat on. Don't know how I used to manage with cold. The cold water systems in my opinion are rubbish.

Too much like hard work.

Diesel with recirculating system and frost stat for cold weather protection. Go with your budget. I got lucky enough with my heat wave. Hot water cleans better and quicker. I am putting another diesel one in van number 2 in a couple of months. You can tell the difference remarkably if you don't turn the heat on. Don't know how I used to manage with cold. The cold water systems in my opinion are rubbish.

Too much like hard work.
I really dont see the point in hot wash to bo honest. Well first cleans, Conny roofs and PVC cleans. Apart from that its a waste if your just using it for maintenance cleans. Hot water will just be as good as cold water on regular cleans.
cleans

Too much like hard work.
i know how you feel with that! i hate using cold now, takes to longer to clean plus hoses are bad to work with cold! warm water gets rid of anything like bird muck and i find it drys quicker too!

So how do I diy mine as nothing to lose,don't want to spend thousands as getting new carpet machine this year as want 2 ,one for back up.

Rc your the man,if anyone interested could they fit it,will sort them out.RC can you advise mate.

So how do I diy mine as nothing to lose,don't want to spend thousands as getting new carpet machine this year as want 2 ,one for back up.

Rc your the man,if anyone interested could they fit it,will sort them out.RC can you advise mate.
i'll pm you

the l5 heater i have had for two years now is spot on-can't reccomend them enough,tune em up a bit and they work even better for window cleaners and you'll still have hot at under 1 l per min(they need a high flow for the heater to work)instant hot pure water for trad work is the bee's knees though

really like rc set uo very tidy.the more I think about it the more I'm wanting this done.think it would be helpful on really mucky cleans.

How long does the gas last? and how much does it cost to run?
with mine the longest it has done me is 2 weeks using a 6kg bottle. cost me £13 for it. so about £1.30 a day for me.

i know how you feel with that! i hate using cold now, takes to longer to clean plus hoses are bad to work with cold! warm water gets rid of anything like bird muck and i find it drys quicker too!
For regular maintenance work, the warmer the pure water means it takes a bit longer to clean each window; i.e. in the winter the water is colder & brush bristles will remain stiffer, summer the water is warmer and the same brush bristle will be softer

Hotter water has a lower surface tension and dissolves dirt, not what you want for maintenance cleans, it cost more to use, its not needed on over 98% of the windows and much slower to use on those windows.

Richard

For regular maintenance work' date=' the warmer the pure water means it takes a bit longer to clean each window; i.e. in the winter the water is colder & brush bristles will remain stiffer, summer the water is warmer and the same brush bristle will be softer [/font'] 

Hotter water has a lower surface tension and dissolves dirt, not what you want for maintenance cleans, it cost more to use, its not needed on over 98% of the windows and much slower to use on those windows.

Richard

That was my thinking to,costs etc,you more savvy than me but for those first really mucky cleans it must be more effective.

Back