Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 Micron Sediment Filters

D

DanC

Is there anyone using 1 micron sediment filters? If so is there a difference in the flow pressure when using this filter? will it slow down flow too much? Adding page links to this forum dont seem to working at the moment

Yeah thats what i was using I might give the 1 micron a go, only cheap, had a chat with someone who raves about them! I did not realize you can get 1 micron well impressed!

I use 1 micron sediment filters only because I brought a set of filters from a chap that came with a box of spares

Don't know about if it would slow production through a ro though as I just use that filter set inline plus a di when I want to pump 000 ppm rainwater into my van.

I use 1 micron sediment filters only because I brought a set of filters from a chap that came with a box of spares :biggrin:
how do you get on with them? do you notice if they slow the water down a little?

if you havent noticed a difference it must be a minimal change, but then again it does take a while for ur RO to fill up compared to mine! lol :Image9:

I found a difference.

I have a 4040 with 2 pressure gauges on each side of the filter housings. I have a 5 micron sediment and the new carbon block is a 1 micron filter. The moment I put the new CB filter in the pressure on the second gauge dropped about 5psi. When using a CAG carbon filter, both gauges registered the same. They are 20" units.

I found a difference.

I have a 4040 with 2 pressure gauges on each side of the filter housings. I have a 5 micron sediment and the new carbon block is a 1 micron filter. The moment I put the new CB filter in the pressure on the second gauge dropped about 5psi. When using a CAG carbon filter, both gauges registered the same. They are 20" units.
so they do slow the system down a lot then. do you notice the quility of the water coming out to be any lower or just the same?

Hi RC,

We are at the end of the water line (last house) and have a 40psi water pressure. I don't use a booster pump. I can't recall that there is much performance difference TBH. In fact the new CB was put in just before the water went really cold, so I would attribute any slowing in production to that.

There doesn't appear to be a marked production difference with my 4040, not like the old 450GPD r/o we had. I'm in awe as to how fast the unit produces water. Water quality is the same, 115 in and 2 out once it has settled down which hasn't changed.

It's only a sediment filter after all so to be honest there is no point going out of your way to get 1 micron as 5 micron works just as well as a prefilter.

Also will someone stop messing with the smiles :Image13:

Back