Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Ladders Would You Or Do You Use

E

emoclean2013

HI all looking at ladders as mine have just been single , Unsure weather to go for DOUBLE 2.5 M (8FT 2) OR GO FOR TRIPLE 2.5 (8FT 2) ANY INFO or recommendations would be great fully received as scratching my head and no its not nits as im bald..lol cheers

I use a Titan 13 rung trade ladder with free saftey feet from Midlands ladders £110 delivered , my cousin just bought two & loves them , might be a wee bit heavy for som at 13 kg but I manage all day long with them mind you I'm 14 stone .

Midland ladders are supposed to be great on Ladders as Doo pointed out.

I use class three ladders, There ok to use for window cleaning, but I there not recommended, you should be looking at class 1 or BSEN131 ladders

I'm looking at the Double 3.0m one from Midland. I think a 2.5 would be too small for a few jobs, but a 3.5 would be a bit big for the roof of my hatchback. 3.0 is best for me I think.

Was looking at the triple 2.5 but it's only an extra foot or so and I'm not sure if its worth the extra cash.

Gonna get one if the Titans with safety feet though, seem like solid ladders at a good price.

There's advantages for both double and triple extensions. A double is easier to use and carry over your shoulder and if you intend to mount it on your car/van roof and have storage, then I'd go for a double every time.

I'm a car lover and spent alot of time getting mine the way I want it and so was a little put off about mounting a roof rack to it, I then found a trade triple that just about fits in the back of my Mondeo, once I drop the back seats. The advantages are, I can actually store it in my cupboard under the stairs which removes the paranoyer associated with chaining a ladder up outside or, leaving it attached to a roof rack.

Also, last week, I was first cleaning an house where the only access to the rear was, through the L shaped extension, I was able to stand my triple up to negotiate the corner...I would never have got a double through there.

The downside though is, my ladder isn't long enough to reach much further than the average top window sill so, gutter cleaning etc is, out of the question.

Mart.

I drive an astra hatchback ladder fine on it
3.5m double? Is it not a bit too long? I have a Yaris which is pretty small, but if I can get away with a 3.5 I'll go for it. Then again it's storage and manoeuvring about.
Good point about triple vs double Mart, tougher choice than I thought this.

cheers thanks think will go for double and see how it goes, you watch will get double then get loads gutter jobs and need triple.

Back